Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Time moves at the speed of plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

RL friends pointed me to this strip and that was def sometime in the mid-oughts. I remember someone asking me if I'd gotten up to the jokes about Belkar's lead sheet yet.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I'll check Oglaf every now and then.

I used to read Schlock a lot but once I heard it finished I realized how much I'd fallen behind and have a few years to get through.

I still like SMBC but it's gotten a lot wordier over the years.

PBF is still good, but I don't know if it's even updating these days.

I think I probably read more webcomics via social media posts more than anything nowadays.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Speaking of classic D&D I thought the "stump with a rabbit on it and tentacles" was just a gag Rich made up and didn't know it was a real thing called a wolf-in-sheep's-clothing.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Are beholders made of the same material as superballs

Yes, they're like Madballs. Remember Madballs!?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

The cats absolutely love the grass btw. I didnt expect it to grow so long so fast, but one of them especially loves laying in it in the sun and idly chewing whatever stalk his nearest his mouth. Its been a real hit, if you have cats I recommend it. He is finally leaving the other plants alone, as well!

Okay Belkar, let's go see the Cleric now

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Obstructions blocking an anti-magic field sounds kinda odd because wouldn't that mean you can just wear your magic items under your clothes and they be unaffected?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Doesn't the planet Krynn from Dragonlance have three moons and only people who practice the right kind of magic can see them, and then usually only one of them?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I wonder what came first, moon visibility rule debates or secret hidden evil moons.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

There was also at least one novel that mentioned that even though the black moon itself wasn't visible to normal people, smart folks could still track its position by noting the positions of the stars in the night sky and paying attention to when certain stars would briefly disappear as the moon passed in front of them.

:lol: so the moon isn't magically invisible it's magically camouflaged

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Staltran posted:

V needed line of effect for the dispel

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Randalor posted:

Haven't they shown Blackwong talking to the other animals in the past?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Technically he is a Sauropsid, which is a rather big group that contains all birds and reptiles.

I may be spending toomuch time in the GBS thread on extinct creatures.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It's more likely they'll adapt OotS into a show and it'll catch up to and pass the comics and we'll dislike the ending of that before we see GRR Martin finish the novels.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

The funny thing is if you look at early goblins their ears look like ears and not weird antennae.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Stick figures with X's for eyes is how you draw dead stick figures.

The numbers in goblins are just a replacement for a caption that says "This person is dying" and "This person is dead"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Someone look to see if there's a negative number over his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

My favorite goblin is Deeze