Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Your loyal assistant Dr. Meowgon is all over this one.

Calaveron posted:

I don't get it :smogon:

It's a Watchmen reference. Read it sometime. It's got pirates in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

I bet Miko thinks the gods are evil and only the Snarl is truly good and tries to release him because he'd make everything just again.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Backdoor Blanche posted:

There's not much in it that's really new, most of it is just fleshing out the backstories and interactions between the characters, as well as being just interesting new stories. Off the top of my head, the only big new thing I can think of is that Durkon has been prophesized to "bring death and destruction to us all" (us all being the dwarves) when he returns home. That's why he was sent out into human lands, to hopefully keep him from ever being able to return, the High Priest of Odin is hoping he'll be eaten by a monster and never get back.

Wouldn't the obvious loophole be for him to never leave in the first place?

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Did anyone ever go to the trouble of translating all of Haley's gibberish and making it available online somewhere?

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Is Ansom dressed like Super Dave?

I'm enjoying the more actiony strips of Erfworld than the talking heads one. I really think the klog pages were a terrible idea on the creators part to try and stuff in too much information that they thought we needed to know.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

gothfae posted:

I really hate to admit that I've grown to look forward to Erfworld, after the saccharine "welcome to our goofy world' ended, it's gotten steadily better. Not one cutsie moment at all in 72, no joke, just story, and Wanda looking like a broken toy was pretty sad.

It's not bad, though I'm looking forward to seeing how Hamster will screw the good guys. Incidently, do you find the Tool's speech layout in the middle panel distracting? It's normal left to right and top to bottom, but at the end of the first set of bubbles it links to the last bubble of the next line making me want to read that first and then go left which is the wrong order. Very weird.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Quarex posted:

People like to fixate on the one time they randomly made the stupid decision to have lesbian bondage going on. This ignores the fact that, in the larger context, this is likely still just another part of the brilliant interweaving of "fantasy" in both the "fantasy realm" sense and the "fantasies of this guy who may or may not be imagining all this" sense. If you go through it, basically every single thing in the entire world is a joke based on an archetypal fat gaming loser's life, and that is brilliant.

And "PLOT" is the best sound effect ever.

I am sorry about Murphy's Law, Halloween Jack :( If it makes you feel any better, I do not believe in Murphy's Law.

You may not believe in Murphy's Law, but Murphy's Law believes in you.

I think Erfworld would be better received if it continued updating regularly. The art's okay, the writing's acceptable, and I guess it would fall into the case of mediocrity 3 times a week being as good as excellence once a month.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Whatever font that Gobwin Knob is using is terrible.

It's updated in case anyone is interested.

Detetsu fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 20, 2008

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

I hope the new strip is a joke about The Odyssey.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

terminal mehmet posted:

There is no Bard class in 4e. Could this spell danger for our hero?

No, because they aren't converting to Fourth Edition.
Dun dun dunnn

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

terminal mehmet posted:

Then I guess the power source crack was just a tease. Nuts.

I guess? I think Rich goes into length about this on his frontpage, so you can read about his feelings concerning converting over there.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Hurray, the end of the strip has a nice punchline and Elan isn't it! Everyone can be happy now.

Also, Vaarsuvius will eventually snap.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

terminal mehmet posted:

Which is a ripoff of Wormwood's wormspeakers if you think about it.

And really, this might just be the tip of the iceberg for the curse. Next up Belkar could gain crippling arthritis.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

ZorbaTHut posted:

She's nuts, but I still feel kinda bad for her :(

She'll probably die saving Elan or be the source of a misunderstanding which breaks up Elan and Haley. Which would suck.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

oh look, 50 lbs of unliving material.

Haha, imagine if he asked Xykon for help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Brannock posted:

I thought it was just V-colored.

Isn't that the colour he became as a polymorphed lizard?