Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Whoa, hey, looky here:

Burlew posted:

Miko goes nuts on V, critical hitting him with her katana and knocking him to -1 in one shot. She unleashes the rest of her full attack on Elan, knocking him to -8 too.

In the rest of that post he's very careful to use 'him/her' and 's/he', but it looks like he at least thinks of V as male. :ms:

Of course, officially it's still unknown and he may change it at any time, but he at least writes V as male most likely. I've always kind of felt that though, so it's not a huge surprise for me - does anyone think of V as female?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!
Nah, I can't see redcloak taking over from Xykon... My prediction is he'll let Xykon walk up to the walls and start blasting away, there'll be a comedy moment where Xykon realises he's the only one there shortly before getting exploded by a catapult rock, and Redcloak will lead the hobgoblins in a surprise attack while the defenders are distracted. Xykon will be back in the phylactery and kind of mad, but when he sees that they've won thanks to the strategy he won't kill redcloak straight out.

Of course, maybe that's just what Burlew wants us to think. :tinfoil:

Either that or Xykon reveals some cunning, brilliant plan that wins the whole thing at the last second. His character's gone kind of the 'incompetent villain' route but it's hard to tell if he's actually incompetent or if he's just faking it.

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

CoolCab posted:

Easier, why bother with a decoy? What does it matter if Xykon gets blown up, the gate ritual takes a week anyway, he'll have plenty of time to regenerate. Redcloak gets to take the city and justifibly make his boss explode(alongside the tactical advantage this provides). Awesome.

Exactly, that's what I meant in my first post, that's what I'm expecting. :)

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!
I was just looking at that perspective panel after everyone praised it, and something seemed off about it... It took me a few seconds to realise, but shouldn't the battlements be on Elan's left?

Oh god I'm picking up continuity errors in a webcomic. Can't... get... clean... :gonk:

Edit: VVV Oh yes, it's still a great panel, really great perspective and everything, giving a context for the individual characters in the whole battle. There's nothing wrong with the panel itself at all :)

Rose wood fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 12, 2007

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

greatn posted:

Enough of that though, what say you to the notion that Roy's dad's ghost is in that room? Isn't he still bound there, retaining his spellcasting powers?

I'm hoping for a ghost dad and ghost roy double deus ex machina... But then I really don't know the D&D rules regarding ghosts v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!
Didn't he take prestige clash swashbuckler? Maybe he levelled up?