Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Factor_VIII posted:

What I'm curious about is to see what excuse they'll use to avoid raising that old guy from the dead.

I can see Shojo refusing the Raise. He's clocking on a bit, and Hinjo seems like he can handle the job, which means that Shojo is free to chillax in the CG afterlife, probably with Roy's dad. They can manifest and annoy their proteges to their hearts content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Yeroc2 posted:

Good guess.

I'm rather unnerved about how closely my reasoning mirrored Belkar's. That can't be healthy.

Next wild guess: Mr Scruffy becomes Belkar's animal companion.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
:siren:New strip:siren:

Knob gags.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
:siren: New strip! :siren:

Bad guys bitching.

:fake edit :argh:SuperKlaus:argh:

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

clockworkjoe posted:

But this is beyond a simple rules/setting fudge, it's bringing in something that has no place in D&D type fantasy. Again, it's not a big problem, but I hope this doesn't happen on a regular basis.

I understand this may just be the one thing that stood out for you, but they've already got a Tivo hooked up to a crystal ball, and a bard who flat out says he's imitating Vin Diesel, and they did that Final Fantasy airship thing that I didn't get without reading the boards because I've never played any of the games...

Well, I thought it was funny v:shobon:v

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm gay or straight for Vaarsuvius, but I'm certainly FOR Vaarsuvius. Bad puns included.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

NorgLyle posted:

Myself? I can't take expansive, well-established dwarven empires. If they're not living in dingy mineshafts and being run out of their ancestral homes by 1HD humanoids then they're not dwarves as far as I'm concerned.

This post seems custom tailored for cross-forum evangelising. I hope nobody minds. It's about dwarves.

Dwarf Fortress. If the civilisation seems too successful, you can do something about it!

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
You know, I'm a bit worried about Roy at the moment. More worried than I have been about any of the other PCs before. Don't die Roy :(

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

SuperKlaus posted:

I don't think Roy's gonna die. I certainly hope he doesn't, anyway, because this new "competent" Elan bugs me somehow. It's the outfit. I have no desire to see him leading the Order.

But Elan isn't second in command, Haley is. Elan's pretty much last in command, new PrC or no.

I don't think Roy will perma-die, but I just feel the ebb and flow of narrative demands a big setback for The Heroes right now, and a temp-dead Roy would be just that. Hell, torch the city, 'kill' Roy, and have Hinjo hook up with the Order for a while.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Me, exactly a month ago posted:

You know, I'm a bit worried about Roy at the moment. More worried than I have been about any of the other PCs before. Don't die Roy :(

Am I allowed an 'I told you so'?

Of course there's no way he's dead for good, but it's still pretty :gonk: (though the :gonk: may be overridden by potential afterlife hilarity).

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

tsob posted:

Edit: Is that the first time Elan's actually done something useful as a bard then? Most of the rest of the time he just seems to annoy Roy with silly ditties.

Well, his standard 'Pass, pass, pass, the skill check,' isn't that hard to do. He's been adding at least +2 (I think?) onto every roll. Actually, Bards get really nasty in mass combat situations. A bard of Elan's level would probably double a mook's to-hit, if, y'know, he was competent.

This strip just reminded me of Hinjo's badass potential. His mount! Look at his mount! :swoon:

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Quarex posted:

And I do feel like somebody in the Azure City mage guild at least mentioned a prestige class.

Xykon's new recruit is a Mystic Theurge.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Affi posted:

Why am I :mad:, I don't know :( The real question remains does it have damage reduction or did Belkar miss because of the darkness spell?

It's damage reduction, based on this strip: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0374.html

Now the question is what type? Do any critters even have DR/-, all do they all have weaknesses?

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
The best anti-Tarrasque plan I ever saw was:

1. Catch it asleep (as it generally is)
2. Apply Headband of Intellect +6 and Ring of Sustenance
3. Wake it up and make friends with a suddenly reasonably smart and not-hungry True Neutral critter :glomp:

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

NutShellBill posted:

The Order of the Stick: Are all dead.

Then someone can draw a stick figure Elan as Shockwave, using rapier calligraphy to etch it into a wall. Or maybe just photoshop the OOTS logo where the Transformers logo wold have been on the original comic cover.

Ok, so only hardcore Transformer fans would get it.

Surely Xykon should take Shockwave's place and wait I'm such a loving nerd I get this referenekjahfl :suicide:

Order of the Stick: 5 foot step forward, double move back

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
What's with all the non-spoiler spoilers?

Anyway, Thog's intellect is just due to him being Roy's evil opposite, Roy being a potential wizard and having an MBA and all. The new ninja woman could easily eat the -2 to Int as a Half-Orc and still be smart.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

NutShellBill posted:

Am I alone in hoping that Belkar found Mr. Scruffy? I could see him keeping the cat to commemorate the funny old man who made fun of Roy.

No, I've been hoping for this team up since they first met. Then Belkar broke out the ball of wool :3:

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Sergeant Rock posted:

OH GOD THE ALIGNMENT ARGUMENT.

I suspect this is exactly the kind of discussion that Belkar is trying to provoke within the context of the strip.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Correnth posted:

I'm actually voting adopted myself, unless there's some kind of ancient elven ritual where their offspring are born with dark skin and then end up going through some kind of bleaching ceremony on their hundredth birthday. Both V and his mate are white as gently caress, and those kids definitely aren't.

That was my initial reaction, too. I wouldn't be surprised if V and mate are eventually revealed as same sex, hence adoption, though which sex will of course be left up in the air.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Rennej posted:

Is it just me or did we get some form of confirmation that V is a male in this strip? The imp did say Mr. Elf, sir, right. Unless he's just saying that as a guess...
NPCs have used pronouns for V before, using their best guesses. I seem to recall a conversation between Nale and Sabine about V where one used 'he' and one used 'she' throughout.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Bobulus posted:

Is a pink dragon a reference to what Bell posted, or an actual type of D&D dragon?

I thought it might be an Amethyst Dragon, but I'm not sure that's open source and I'm not sure that manoeuver is allowed and I think the point is V is tearing poo poo up while her missus looks on in horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
Are those the lime green boots of speed that were mentioned in passing about 500 strips ago? And why do I still remember them?