Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.
I think you mean Chaotic Neutral Limbo, where everyone can just sit back and turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly.
I'm seriously glad this arc isn't going the way I thought it would; that is, a lot less hapless mayhem dumped on Azure City (so far). Is it just me, or didn't Roy's question for the Oracle seriously foreshadow that the Order would be way off somewhere when Xykon crushed the paladins?
Also I'm loving that Hinjo gets a chance to show off how awesome paladins can be. Gotta have the anti-Miko to show that for every Stick Up The rear end (Ex), a paladin has a Summon Conscience (Su).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006

Boggus posted:

So what is up with Redcloaks 1000gp telescope? While I am familiar with D&D it feels like I am missing something out here.

I think it's just to emphasize how freaking expensive the thing is. I know I've had several moments playing D&D where I have this exchange:
"...50 ft. of silk rope, a grappling hook, and... I want a spyglass."
"1000 gold."
"drat!"

To me, it looks like it's just a little mini-gag based on the item itself (not its context or use), just saying "drat, that's expensive!"

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
I loved this one. Aside from the fact that I think anticlimactic resolutions are under-used, it's a total D&D player joke.

I can just see this around a table. The spellslinger is alone against a huge meleer, so the fighter-jock announces he's going to try and cut something off the dragon when they're right above the fight. There's a long series of arguements with the DM over aim, and zombie movements, and initiative timing and the six-second round vs real-life, and then finally it all comes down to a series of climactic rolls - Roy's player makes the attack roll, he does enough damage to hit the skeleton, he makes the funky six-kinds-of-skills-rolled-into-one check, he rolls 20d6 for Terminal Velocity falling damage, and then he just barely makes it, and the entire party erupts in cheers.
Except you take this situation and Roy does it all by accident. I read this one and jumped out of my chair hollering, because Roy just kicks so much rear end (and he hasn't had enough chances to do that lately).

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
"Biophiliacs". I love it. Sure, everyone mocks the Lichloved feat, but does anyone stop to consider the feelings of the undead? Hundreds of innocent mindless skeletons are abused every year, and many of them are too traumatized to report it.
Speak up. Even if you don't have a tongue any more. Maybe you can scribble something in the dirt with your skeletal claws.