Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I thought Elizabeth Moss's allegation was that he was an rear end in a top hat and a terrible partner; I hadn't heard anything about him being an actual creep? I can certainly see how he might give off the vibe, I just haven't actually seen it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
he just wasn't very good

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
The punk band he played drums for in the early 90s is kind of the poo poo though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiGZg131YSc

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Fred Armisen is good.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

Fred Armisen is good.

... at sucking rear end!

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Fred armisen says things in a funny way and I think it’s funny

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
https://dropconcert.com/movies/drop-concert-the-motion-picture-live-qa-with-performers-filmmakers-very-special-guests/

This is great so far

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

Yeah I enjoyed it. Another superfan success story. Great Q&A afterward.

The preshow is good, too. I bought a rewatch ticket for tonight after they added Sarah Squirm to the Q&A.11pm ET, 10:45 for preshow

Edit: fixed times

u_s_eh fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 22, 2020

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Fred armisen says things in a funny way and I think it’s funny

Wise words

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
If you haven't listened to the telethons you're missing out.

Good for background noise.

In this particular one Tim and Gregg count down their top 100 movies of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqHJJmnjQLw

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tickets up for the Mr. America screening on January 31:

https://misteramerica.eventive.org/welcome

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Chairman Capone posted:

Tickets up for the Mr. America screening on January 31:

https://misteramerica.eventive.org/welcome

I've been meaning to watch this what better way

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Quick bump as this starts in 15 mins (if you're streaming "live" to join the Q&A)

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Where's Josh?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

nuketulsa posted:

Where's Josh?

Hiding from La Roux.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Tim confirmed on Office Hours this week that:

A) there will be an Oscar Special this year and it will likely cost $10 bucks to watch since they are now independent of Adult Swim
B) his HEI network website is going to be where they put future On Cinema stuff

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm down

I'm double down

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
That sucks. I enjoy watching the show but I'm not doing pay per view for it.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I'll pay 10-20 bucks for an Oscar special, it ends up being like two or three hours usually

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’ll pony up.

Don’t know how’d that work if I wanna rewatch it though.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Considering they've given 12 seasons, 5 spinoff seasons and 7 Oscar specials away for free over the past decade, I can understand why someone wouldn't want to pony up $10 one time to support them.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

“Why can’t you pay $10 for the Oscar special?”
“..............................because of Obamacare!”

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
:homebrew:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I have sent office hours paypal money before but I don't think I would buy a ticket on some weird website.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I have bought tickets to the Chrimbus and BDM watchalongs. Other than Chrimbus getting taken down on YouTube everything went fine.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, I've done the Chrimbus, Billion Dollar Movie, and Mr. America streams and they were all well worth the ten bucks. Nothing shady from the payment either.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Oscar Special/HEI Network details and tickets dropped:

https://heinetwork.tv/tickets/

$10 for the Oscar special + 30 day replay
$55 a year for the HEI Network subscription

I grabbed the signed bundle because I've got the Oscar fever and I love merch.

It'll be interesting to see how much content they put out on the subscription service.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gregg's assault on LaRue was completely uncalled for.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nichael posted:

Gregg's assault on LaRue was completely uncalled for.

Gregg was standing his ground. LaRoux's death was unfortunate but he was in Tim's employ and thus Heidecker is ultimately responsible.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

No jury would convict.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

#dontcuffthebuff

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Tim screaming at the hot mask while Joe looked on and Gregg filmed had me in stitches. So did the Al Pacine tribute. Loads of good stuff.

I missed having a finale and thought the car ending was a bit weak, and felt a shame Joe didn't have much to do. But great to have On Cinema back!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

Tim screaming at the hot mask while Joe looked on and Gregg filmed had me in stitches. So did the Al Pacine tribute. Loads of good stuff.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Yep that's what did me in haha

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

The Hot n' Hard had me crying lmao

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
So looking at the website they have the specials split, Tim and Greg? I haven't bought anything yet, so do you watch them at the same time for maximum effect or are they meant to be viewed separately? How did they handle two specials on the stream?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

They were separate streams but they more or less merged about an hour in, so the best experience was having them open simultaneously. Conveniently, Gregg's started an hour early. Narratively it makes sense, and it was really great. They're uploading edited versions tonight that fix some tech issues they ran into, and there may also be a guide to synching the two streams as well

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

So looking at the website they have the specials split, Tim and Greg? I haven't bought anything yet, so do you watch them at the same time for maximum effect or are they meant to be viewed separately? How did they handle two specials on the stream?

Are you using VFT? That should be your first step, will be really hard to sync them up in a worse timezone system

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

VFT is literally designed to make simultaneous movie-watching easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was in a hotel elevator in Tampa on Friday night with a chatty guy who got on all sweaty from the gym.

"Oh hey how you doing? Me, I'm tired! You know that song, "what a drag it is getting old"? Hahaha, but anyway yeah, I'm 62 and proud, I trained as a gymnast back in the 70s and I've never regretted it, it's kept me in great shape all this time. Oh this is my floor, you have a nice night"

Reason I mention this is he looked exactly like Ron Austar except jacked