Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

don't know if this is the right thread for this but Tim and Eric were in the kitchen again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zUziQSnFYg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

oshuaj posted:

don't know if this is the right thread for this but Tim and Eric were in the kitchen again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zUziQSnFYg

it is, check out the OP. Long live the thread

NoveltyMC posted:

Hi

If any of you guys liked (or didn't like) Tom Goes to the Mayor, the guys behind it - Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim, are coming out with a new show. It's being produced by Bob Odenkirk, and it looks like it's going to be a lot like the videos on their website https://www.timanderic.com

I kinda always thought their other stuff was better than TGTTM (although I loved that show), and it looks like this show will have a bunch of guests like Tom did. So far in the clips online are David Cross, Zack Galifinakis, Bob Odenkirk and a bunch bunch more.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3XrF5e-Mg

ENJOY

Premieres Feb 11th

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Been rewatching On Cinema for the new season, and it's a masterpiece. I don't know how they do the live Oscar specials, how they improv and how they stay in character. I don't know how to pick my favorite lines or even favorite special. 7 is incredible, what with Laffy Taffy and Bohemian Rhapsody. What a show. It's the can I'm most proud of.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

laughing out loud at the image on the screen between them.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Surely this is intentional, right? For something that seems so slaphazardly put together the oscar specials are really well choreographed.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Watching I Think You Should Leave, almost done with it and am I missing something? It's the same joke over and over, like the guy thinks Tim & Eric is the greatest poo poo ever but couldn't think of more than one possible way for a sketch to develop or for a weirdo to make everyone uncomfortable

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Data Graham posted:

Watching I Think You Should Leave, almost done with it and am I missing something? It's the same joke over and over, like the guy thinks Tim & Eric is the greatest poo poo ever but couldn't think of more than one possible way for a sketch to develop or for a weirdo to make everyone uncomfortable

Yeah: a brain

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Data Graham posted:

Show's good. Did you at least laugh at hot dog guy stealing suits? If not better get to the doc to get a humor transplant.

Classy Devil
Nov 1, 2015
Not a TV thing, but I got a copy of Eric's new culinary travelogue/cookbook Foodheim for Chrimbus (I didn't even realize this existed until someone got it for me). It's a cross of legitimate recipes and weird comedy scene stories with a bunch of Zone Theory-style art that's been twisted to actually make the food look delicious. Weird poo poo but if you're into foodie stuff it's real fun and I definitely recommend.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
new season of OC was amazing, looking forward to what they do this year

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

There was just a live Q&A for Hei Network annual subscribers with Tim, Gregg, Eric Notarnicola, Vera Drew, Andrew Porter, Justin Gaynor. It was a rare appearance by Gregg out of any character (though he was calling in from his car). Some of the things they covered:

They mentioned that a lot of the characterization in general comes from the wardrobes first. Gregg does some of the eBay buying for the Gregg character's wardrobe, and there may be a Glenn Beck-inspired look for Tim in the future. Tripp Spencer came from Gregg just deciding to get cornrows because his filming was done, and then needing to do more filming.

The Hei Network gives them a lot more freedom than Adult Swim, but also new stress of being the ones who have to decide what their budget limits are

The first season of Xposed is coming "very soon." Tim talked about how much he enjoyed the Xposed pilot and laughed crying watching it.

The 7 Minutes in Heaven idea is still going to be produced.

They have more ideas for Decker, but still don't own the rights for it. But they're going to eventually make what is essentially more Decker under the new name John Jacob Dennicker.

The HEI Points form was just written as a joke by Tim off the cuff for fun, and doesn't seem like it will have any impact on anything.

One of the plot ideas they had for when (the fictional) On Cinema was owned by Chaplin's was that Chaplin's would be purchased by an oil company, and as a result On Cinema would be filmed at a gas station to air on those mini video screens that play when you fill your car up at the gas pump.

Vera Drew's personal view is that neither the Tim nor Gregg characters actually watch any of the movies they "review."

Gregg mentioned that they did have an idea to definitively end the show at the end of season 10 in a way that there was "no coming back from." Eric Notarnicola did mention that he personally had an idea to make everyone die from Gregg's car in the Oscar special but he didn't run it past anyone.

Most of the show is done in two takes, but there are also a number of single takes. Most of Mr. America was shot in one take.

Gregg sometimes will get popcorn stuck in his throat while filming.

Vera mentioned wanting an On Cinema video game.

All of them talked about looking for more ways to make the whole On Cinema experience even more interactive with the fans than it is.

Tim filmed Popcorn Shuffle, and Tim edits most of Gregg's segments, because he likes editing as a hobby.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

There was just a live Q&A for Hei Network annual subscribers with Tim, Gregg, Eric Notarnicola, Vera Drew, Andrew Porter, Justin Gaynor. It was a rare appearance by Gregg out of any character (though he was calling in from his car). Some of the things they covered:

They mentioned that a lot of the characterization in general comes from the wardrobes first. Gregg does some of the eBay buying for the Gregg character's wardrobe, and there may be a Glenn Beck-inspired look for Tim in the future. Tripp Spencer came from Gregg just deciding to get cornrows because his filming was done, and then needing to do more filming.

The Hei Network gives them a lot more freedom than Adult Swim, but also new stress of being the ones who have to decide what their budget limits are

The first season of Xposed is coming "very soon." Tim talked about how much he enjoyed the Xposed pilot and laughed crying watching it.

They have more ideas for Decker, but still don't own the rights for it. But they're going to eventually make what is essentially more Decker under the new name John Jacob Dennicker.

The HEI Points form was just written as a joke by Tim off the cuff for fun, and doesn't seem like it will have any impact on anything.

One of the plot ideas they had for when (the fictional) On Cinema was owned by Chaplin's was that Chaplin's would be purchased by an oil company, and as a result On Cinema would be filmed at a gas station to air on those mini video screens that play when you fill your car up at the gas pump.

Vera Drew's personal view is that neither the Tim nor Gregg characters actually watch any of the movies they "review."

Gregg mentioned that they did have an idea to definitively end the show at the end of season 10 in a way that there was "no coming back from." Eric Notarnicola did mention that he personally had an idea to make everyone die from Gregg's car in the Oscar special but he didn't run it past anyone.

Most of the show is done in two takes, but there are also a number of single takes. Most of Mr. America was shot in one take.

All of them talked about looking for more ways to make the whole On Cinema experience even more interactive with the fans than it is.

Tim filmed Popcorn Shuffle, and Tim edits most of Gregg's segments, because he likes editing as a hobby.

thanks for the update!

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

It was kind of depressing to me how much of the questions chat was clogged up by people who don't get On Cinema (making out of place Awesome Show references, not actually asking anything) or being weirdly hostile to the team. Obviously they only addressed real questions but that kind of stuff isn't going to encourage them to do a Q&A again soon.

Also they didn't answer any of my questions :argh:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Cognac McCarthy posted:

It was kind of depressing to me how much of the questions chat was clogged up by people who don't get On Cinema (making out of place Awesome Show references, not actually asking anything) or being weirdly hostile to the team. Obviously they only addressed real questions but that kind of stuff isn't going to encourage them to do a Q&A again soon.

Also they didn't answer any of my questions :argh:

whoever WorldsGreatest Man was in the chat was really killing any kind of good vibes

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

an on cinema video game along the lines star trek V: the final frontier: the motion picture: the video game would work really well imo

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

meta

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

whoever WorldsGreatest Man was in the chat was really killing any kind of good vibes

always hate tuning into office hours or the zoom and the show already derailed by some bizarro rear end chat or offsite drama weirdness. hasnt happened a bunch but just weird that it happens at all.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

That is insanely interesting. I should have watched it. Thanks for posting that!

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Please help me. Have been wondering for a really long time about the ‘hit me in the back now’ song from the beginning of the Raz sketch... https://youtu.be/wIeHb8_-GPg

I feel like I need to know if it existed as a commercially available song before being featured on T&E, or if it was composed specifically for the show, and any available info about the artists who created it.

Googling is tough, because most results are for the full Raz song, and most online discussions of the sketch seem to revolve around whether or not Raz is Rob Zombie.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlV_E3G0LLY

It sounds like T & E perhaps sung over this song.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"No Rum". Lmao perfect

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
lol I didn't make the connection.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

A very good T&E inspired track.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Everyone should check out Tim's new album. It's a bit adult contemporary for my usual tastes but I'm still really enjoying it.

It's nice to hear someone who has had their whole career steeped in irony put out such a sincere record.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Love on cinema. Wish you all wanted to talk abt it

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I will talk about it!

There was a post on reddit about Australian band Frenzal Rhomb being friends with Gregg and this film clip was posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJgaN44t8oo

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Lucky Season 7 is maybe the funniest season of a TV show ever.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

That DICK! posted:

It's time to have FUN at the movies again!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903740&pagenumber=74#lastpost

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Reddit user stepuncle has uploaded to the internet archive 40 episodes of the On Cinema podcast from 2012. He says they were for only available to donors to hurricane Sandy relief.

https://archive.org/details/OC-Podcast-Sandy

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I just remembered this video I made in 30 seconds back in 2017. Watch it, or else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_6eD06Als0

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I'm not clicking anything that says Kylie Jenner

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

I'm not clicking anything that says Kylie Jenner

You're missing out on an opportunity to be reminded of a terrible TV commercial from 5 years ago and get mad all over again

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Another Bill posted:

Everyone should check out Tim's new album. It's a bit adult contemporary for my usual tastes but I'm still really enjoying it.

It's nice to hear someone who has had their whole career steeped in irony put out such a sincere record.

yeah it's legitimately good. when I first heard it I forgot I was listening to Tim Heidecker by the 3rd track. and I mean that in a good way.

saw his show in Madison last Thursday, his standup set was great but honestly I enjoyed the band part more. he's got a lot of great songs! and of course he's pretty funny on stage. it's cool how "real" Tim is like some amalgam of all his personas. I swear he was making Dekkar faces through a lot of it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im not waiting for a bunch of red tape bureaucrats to tell me whether or not this satellite works i gotta get up in a parasail and get this high in the sky in the ionosphere

and from there i'll be able to have eyes in the sky bird's-eye view so i can spy on this islands and find out where the bad guys headquarters are where the taliban's headquarters are and i'm gonna come in and what's it called smoke them out I'm gonna find their headquarters I'm gonna smoke them out but first i gotta get high enough in the sky that i can get this up in the atmosphere so i can get eyes in the sky

that's the only way we're gonna be able to solve this crime

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
finally catching up on Season 12 of On Cinema, excited for the newest season...
Xposed is great, I keep trying to read the notes behind LaRue
I love that Doctor San is still "advising" Tim beyond the grave, really wanted him to turn into some Harkonnen type poo poo with that feeding tube set up

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dr. San is my favorite part of season 12.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
just about lost it at Gregg mumbling "Kramer vs. Kramer" in response to Toni giving this heartfelt speech and apology.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Another Bill posted:

Dr. San is my favorite part of season 12.

This may have been posted before but was browsing the wikia for OC and Dr San’s page made me lol quite a lot, would love to know who did it

https://oncinema.fandom.com/wiki/Dr._San

quote:

"Dr." Luther San (real name Luther Sanchez) was an extremely ethical non-traditional medicine man who provided unique insights to the On Cinema family at every turn, from initially treating Tim with gold acupuncture needles incapable of spreading infection to guiding and metoring Tim's wife Ayaka while being very upfront about his true identity, to going to all possible lengths to prevent the tragic death of Tim and Ayaka's son Tom Cruise Heidecker, likely due to vaccine poisoning.

….

Gregg, acting purely out of jealousy, always mistrusted the Good Dr. San, both due to his misguided trust of vaccines and invasive western medicine and, perhaps more importantly, the way his spotlight on alternative medicine undermined On Cinema's weaker features such as On Location, and Golden Age Comedy Classics

Trivia
Dr. San has been involved in legal misunderstandings prior to the Electric Sun music festival, including 7 charges of fraud, two of which were dismissed by Tim, the rest of which were also dismissed once the misunderstandings were cleared up. Besides that he's had no legal issues that everybody hasn't had, relatively speaking.

The gold needles Dr. San uses in his treatments are incapable of getting dirty, so any blemishes Tim may have had were the result of his poor hygiene.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oscars special is live rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Another incredible special