Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
I think this forum is going to be my new favourite forum one day soon probably maybe.
Post your AV set-up here okay! Unless we already have a thread for this...

This was a while ago.

Plonked that on top.

Pow, where da movies at?

You should probably only game if you have a wireless keyboard and mouse. And take pictures with a decent camera.

http://www.clowneh.co.uk/pictures/pics/room/hitachi32ld7200.jpg
This one is linked because it's a bit big. That is my television.

Clown fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 10, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!
This is mine:

This picture is a tad old but it hasn't changed much - I've since upgraded my HTPC's hardware significantly and changed over to Vista MCE instead of XP.

Otherwise, yeah. Nothing fancy here but I like it and it does well for me.

Rickets fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 19, 2007

Og Oggilby
Feb 12, 2005
No pictures yet (add when I get home), but it's too modest...

Sanyo 20" flatscreen CRT
Pioneer VD-270 DVD Player
Kenwood VR-505 DTS/DD 5.1 system (with out-of-the-box Sony 5.1 setup)

The quality is great for a wimpy system, though. I have video hooked up via component, so it's crisp. I feel embarassed to even admit to having a tiny system like this, especially since my late father's 36" Toshiba RPTV is back at home (no way I can keep it in my apartment). :(

It's a pauper's system, but I'm going to go all out when I switch to HD (DLP HD 1080p projection, THX cert HD-DVD or BluRay depending on who wins, Harmon Kardon 7.1 system (speakers and recievers). Probably even renovate a room to be acoustically correct with cushy seats.

Someday... :unsmith:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

For now, my computer is my A/V setup.
Dell 2407FPW, AMD 3000+ clocked at FX57 speeds.
M-Audio Delta 66 soundcard>Event 20/20/15 15" Subwoofer>Event TR8 Monitor speakers
Also dumped in a Hauppauge PVR-350, so I can watch cable/do the whole DVR thing through GB-PVR, it's pretty sweet with the remote.

edit: N64 plugs into the screen too!

destructo fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 20, 2007

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

Phenwah fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 5, 2023

Imodium AD
Sep 11, 2001
wut?

Imodium AD fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 19, 2007

namzep
Jul 7, 2004

All Your Base Are Belong to Me
No picture but I'll try to get one up soon:

* 52" Panasonic LCD Rear Projection TV (model #PT-52LCX35)
* Oppo DVD Player (model #DV-970HD)
* RCA 5.1 Surround Sound unit (model #RT2760)
* Pioneer Laser Disc Player (model #CLD-V2600)
* Motorola DVR
* Nintendo Wii

MOLLUSC
Nov 30, 2005

Rickets posted:

This is mine:

This picture is a tad old but it hasn't changed much - I've since upgraded my HTPC's hardware significantly and changed over to Vista MCE instead of XP.

Otherwise, yeah. Nothing fancy here but I like it and it does well for me.

What case are you using for your HTPC? I've got one of those Shuttle style cases at the moment but was looking for one more like that.

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.
drat you, you've forced me to take pictures.

Exhibit A: A/V rack. From the top: Optoma H79 1280x720 DLP projector, Xbox360 (and wireless adapter), PS3, Oppo 971 DVD player, DVDO iScan VP50 video processor, Yamaha R-V1100 (I think) A/V receiver that is quite possibly older than me with a Minolta light meter sitting on top for no real reason. Not pictured: Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD player.

Exhibit B: Studiotek 130 100" 16:9 screen by Stewart and some Mitsubishi speakers that I picked up at a garage sale for $20. Also a box from an NEC projector that I should be testing right now, and this thread on my laptop.

Exhibit C: From the screen back towards the projector. There's that little NEC again and the DVD rack in the corner.

EDIT: The Wii is downstairs on the main TV until my wireless sensor bar shows up.

King Hotpants fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 19, 2007

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

Chaos Emerald posted:

What case are you using for your HTPC? I've got one of those Shuttle style cases at the moment but was looking for one more like that.

It's an Antec Overture II. Great because you can fit 4 hard drives (6 if you use the 5.25" drive bays) as well as full sized motherboards and cards.

milkaxor
Mar 5, 2003

I choose you!
Update: I"ve finally completed my setup. Added a Wii and some dvd shelving, as well as swapped out my premium 360 for an elite. I left a picture of the old with a couple pictures of the new.

My Setup:
- 42" Aquos 1080p LCD Tv
- PS3
- Wii
- Xbox 360 Elite w/ HD-DVD drive
- pioneer receiver and speakers
- Audio switcher
- Monoprice HDMI switcher (ps3 & 360)
- HD Directv receiver
- Mac mini w/ MyBook external HD (the black box to the bottom left of the tv)

milkaxor fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 5, 2007

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
I'm somewhat satisfied with my current setup:

-52'' Panasonic LCD Projection HDTV (Same one namzep has)
-800w Panasonic HTiB
-Xbox 360 w/ HD-DVD add-on, Wii, Dreamcast, PS2
-Standard Scientific Atlantic HD/DVR from Cable Co.
-Apple Powerbook hooked up through VGA Port for basic browsing/music
-Philips PHDTV1 HDTV Antenna. Do yourself a favor if you have an HDTV with an integrated tuner and get one of these. The difference between your cable company's atrocious compression and Over the Air HDTV is huge. It's only $25 and oh so worth it. Watching Lost/House/whatever now is so much better.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
no pics sadly (nothing really amazing other than my ht anyways)
philips 27" crt sdtv w/ 480p hacked out of it
yamaha rx-v2200 6.1 100wx6 receiver
klipsch cinema 10 speakers
various game systems
pc audio hooked up for maximum pleasure through discreet 6.1 inputs on the receiver

it goes boom BOOOOOOOM :swoon:

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
Interesting how images get deleted from servers occasionally...

ChlamydiaJones fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 14, 2009

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
No pics, main room is a 50in SXRD with a Toshiba HD A1, Yamaha 59xx receiver, Monitor Audio Radius speakers/sub, Comcast HD DVR.

Bedroom is Sony 40-V2500 LCD tv that's also serving as my computer monitor (viva la 1080p), Onkyo receiver (674?), those cheap-yet-awesome Insignia speakers from Best Buy, Sony 400 disc upconverting dvd system that I use as my "TV Box", loaded with nothing but tv on dvd, PS2, PS3 this week, Comcast HD PVR.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

300GB Modded Xbox, 300GB Modded PS2, and Wii (the social machines) are in the living room of the apartment, otherwise they would all be next to each other in that setup.

89 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 19, 2007

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Video:
Infocus X1 projector
100" painted screen using Behr SilverScreen mixture

Audio:
Denon AVR-2604 Receiver
Mission 77C Center, 773 fronts, and 771 rear (left right center) speakers
Mission 700asi Subwoofer

Source:
Oppo OPDV971H DVD Player
Mediacom Cable HD Receiver
Xbox non-hacked for the moment

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.
Scrapez, you have some great components, and a projector that's on its way out. Thinking of upgrading?

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
-Toshiba 50" DLP 50HM66
-Onkyo 6.1 1000w (can't remember model number)
-Philips DVP5960 dvd player
-PS2, Wii
-Slim Devices Squeezebox
-ReplayTV 5040
-Dish vip211

I ran out of room in my tv stand shelf thing so my poor MDS-JE510 minidisc deck has been put out of commission and sits in my closet.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Wife's lovely Kodak camera crapped out :arghfist::(

Video:
Samsung HL-S5087W 50" 1080p DLP

Audio
Denon AVR-1507
Polk Towers (R30s? They sound good.)

Source
Comcast HDMI DVR
PS2
PS3
Wii

malarky
Dec 22, 2004

destructo posted:

PARDON?!

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

King Hotpants posted:

Scrapez, you have some great components, and a projector that's on its way out. Thinking of upgrading?

Definitely. The X1 (4800) has been great to me but it is definitely the weakest link in the chain at this point. I am waiting to pull the trigger on a true HD projector. That will definitely occur here in the next couple months.

im a sausage
Nov 19, 2004

im a sausage fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 19, 2011

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Video
Samsung LN2338W 23" LCDTV

Audio
Swans M200 Monitors
Tapco Mix100 Audio Mixer

Sources
PC
Wii
PS2
Tascam US-122 Audio Interface

It's not the prettiest setup, but I gotta work with the space I have in my tiny dorm room. :unsmith:

Someone in SH/SC suggested that I get a cheap audio mixer to route all my audio sources to the speakers, and it ended up working out pretty well. I would've never thought of that.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

These photos are a couple of months old, the setup has slightly changed since then.

This is the view from my projector on which I play most of my game consoles. The Xbox 360 is not sat there anymore, it is currently with the rest of my consoles on the set of shelves below.

The screen that you can see is a basic bodge job, because my landlord will not let me screw anything to the wall or ceiling. So what you have is a white bedsheet with a loop at the top through which I have stuck a metal pole. This is then hung on hooks on the ceiling which in turn are kept in place with double sided sticking tape.

This console stack now includes the 360, my Wii, a Nintendo 64 and will soon have the PS3. They all connect through a A/V switcher in HD where possible and they all route through to both the TV and the projector. There is a surround sound amp which is also connected to that A/V switcher along with a PC in the corner of the room.

I also now have a Cable PVR instead of the other terrestrial digital receiver that is currently sat on my TV at present.

I intend to shift all this lot around sometime soon. Get it looking a lot nicer.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

Scrapez posted:

Definitely. The X1 (4800) has been great to me but it is definitely the weakest link in the chain at this point. I am waiting to pull the trigger on a true HD projector. That will definitely occur here in the next couple months.
What about this? http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/projector/products/ae1000/index.html. 100" from 5ft? I'll have that :)

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.
Video:
Vizio 42" Plasma 720P from Costco
Pelican System Selector Pro component video/digital audio switchbox

Audio:
Panasonic XR-55 digital amplifier
Klipsch RF-5 mains
Klipsch RC-3 center
Klipsch RS-25 surrounds

Sources:
PC connected via long-rear end DVI cable to HDMI port
Samsung Progressive Scan DVD Player
Pioneer CLD-D701 Laserdisc player
Sharp VHS deck
Xbox 360
Playstation 2

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

Television: Toshiba 52HM85 (purchased for $1000 last year with new bulb)
DVD: Toshiba SD4990 (free!)
Autio: Yamaha YSP800 (display model, $350) with Yamaha YST-FSW100 subwoofer (display model, $40)

-HD Cable Box (Rogers)
-Xbox 360 w/ HD-DVD
-Harmony 880

crappy picture (I have no room for this stuff, but it's so much fun):

gmcsonoma fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 19, 2007

deathofmusic
Jan 3, 2001
Currently on the road for work, but will take some pictures when I get home.

LG 52" HD DLP
Yamaha RX-V659 7.1 Receiver
Mission m73i Front Speakers
Mission m71i Rear Speakers
Mission m7c1i Centre Speaker
(I've also got a set of the m7ds bipolar speakers, but haven't really had a need to bother with a 7.1 set up just yet)
LG DN100H Upscaling DVD Player (connected via HDMI)
Xbox 360 (soon to add a HD-DVD addon I think)
Modded Xbox for XBMC
Hotchip HD Digital Set Top Box
Old old old Sony 5-disc CD Player

Also have the PC (Athlon 64 X2 4600, 2GB RAM, 7800GT, Dell 24" widescreen LCD) connected via component at 720p from another room for the occasional high def flick.

-edit- All controlled with a Logitech Harmony 520 universal remote.

deathofmusic fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 19, 2007

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I don't own a TV.

I have two Paradigm Atom Monitors (v5) and an Onkyo TX-SR504B.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

No V, just A. Simple:

B&K st-140 amp
conrad-johnson integrated pre-amp and cd
Triangle Comete speakers

:fap:

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I just put mine together last fall. I'm waiting for the format war to calm down and/or dual players to become mainstream for an HD player. The wait's painful, but the HD channels I get are pretty good.

Video:
Toshiba 72MX195 72" 1080p HDTV - Absolutely terrific. The color needs pro calibration, but otherwise the depth and detail are terrific.
Some upconverting Toshiba DVD player - It has nice upconversion I suppose

Audio:
Harmon Kardon AVR435 reciever - Replaced a lower end Yamaha and is better in every way. The setup system is awesome and it drives the Athenas in ways the Yamaha could only dream of.

Athena F2.2 front tower speakers - They really sound great and they go low so I could set the sub for max extension with a low crossover for some really powerful bass.

Athena B2.1 bookshelf surrounds - Been fine.

Athena C2.1 center - I hear it's considered weak, but I can't really complain.

HSU VTF2mk3 sub - This thing is a monster. I get power below 18hz without much trouble and provides some power even to 16hz, even though I haven't pushed it. With the BFD covering some room problems and crossover set to 40hz-ish, it really puts out clean non-directional sound.

Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124P for sub control - Tough to figure out at first but with Room Equalization Wizard and some hardware for sound capture, it's tons of powerful fun. If you have any sort of real sub, get one. They're only about $100 and make much more bass improvement than almost anything else you can do.

Misc:
Monsterpower 3500MkII - lol Monster lol but well worth the clearance prices for a nice power center.

Picture of the main setup with bonus Alton Brown. Food Network and even HGTV in HD are excellent. You can also see my adopted Wii on the floor. The pile of wires in the left of the picture are cables for the sound meter and external soundcard for BFD setup and tuning. The wires scattered on the right side are cables testing other grounds to pinpoint and knock out ground loop interference that's been haunting me. My computer is one ground, theater is another, and since I have seperate cables from the street for internet and tv, both of those grounds make even more noise. The bitches.

Jymmybob fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 19, 2007

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.
I've got a Mitsubishi HD1000U DLP Projector shining onto a homemade ~108" (16:9) blackout cloth screen, along with a cheap Onkyo surround system (the speakers on this will be upgraded at some point). I love playing Wii on this thing. I'll post some pictures once I can find the cable for the digital camera.

Jorenko fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 20, 2007

expunge
Jul 24, 2004
I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it.

No more DVR (screw you charter). We have OTA HD now and basic cable that comes with the Internet.

Pioneer 55" Plasma, Toshiba up-scaling DVD player and that VCR has been melted (how did that happen..oops). Also have the xbox 360 with the HD-DVD drive in there now as the Media Center. HDMI cables being wired in the walls soon and the TV will be put up on the wall shortly with no wires showing at all. That will be nice.

^^ How did you get HGTV & Food Network in HD? Who's your provider?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

30" Sony Wega HDTV
Yamaha 6.1 Receiver
Xbox 360
Wii
PS3
Old Sony DVD Player which will be phased out in favor of the PS3's blu-ray
Comcast ( :sigh: ) cable box

Just moved into this apartment so I haven't set up my surround sound yet. Is that even a good idea? Will neighbors complain? Also, the TV is not hosed up, it is just non-anamporhic widescreen on the discovery channel.

Cold Old
Jan 6, 2005

Two what?
lovely image, but you get the idea of my work in progress.

DIY screen (120" x 68"), DIY front subs (the pair of bare mdf 2x12" towers), 7 channel surround, Panasonic PT-AE300U projector for a low end HDTV image, bass shakers in the couch, and a bunch of random amplification to a mish mosh of speakers. Xbox 360, Dish Net HDTV, and an Oppo 970 DVD player are my main sources. I've actually got a total of 8 12" subwoofer drivers, and 4 8" right near the sweet spot. It gets loud.

Its always getting fiddled with, but my next steps are a true matching 7 channel speaker set and a few Behringer amps for the low end.

Cold Old fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 20, 2007

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology

In this pic from top to bottom:

Headphones: Grado SR125
Screen: Some Random 32" Polaroid HDTV
Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 8.3
Amp: Rotel RB1070
Pre-Amp: Rotel RC1070
Source: My PC (winXP on a core2duo)

Planning on upgrading my speakers soon I hope... been drooling over the B&W CM7's, and an external DAC is in the works as well. (if anyones got a suggestion on one I'm all ears)

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Solid-state Hardware:
Panasonic 42" Plasma display (TH-42PX6U)
Yamaha RX-V795 Natural Sound Receiver
Motorola Cable STB
Toshiba SD-1800 DVD Player
Sony PS-LX250H Turntable

Speakers:
Mains: 2x JBL Northridge ND310s
Center: JBL Studio S-Center
Surround: 2x crappy Aiwa ~5"
Sub: Cerwin-Vega LW-12 12"

edit: photo provided
edit: drat, I really need to straighten up my cabling. You really can't see it like that when in normal room lighting, but it should be organized. Y'all think it's ok to have the center down there under the furniture like that? It sounds ok and doesn't get kicked around and I don't have anyplace else to put it, really.

Odoyle fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 20, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

expunge posted:

No more DVR (screw you charter). We have OTA HD now and basic cable that comes with the Internet.

Pioneer 55" Plasma, Toshiba up-scaling DVD player and that VCR has been melted (how did that happen..oops). Also have the xbox 360 with the HD-DVD drive in there now as the Media Center. HDMI cables being wired in the walls soon and the TV will be put up on the wall shortly with no wires showing at all. That will be nice.

^^ How did you get HGTV & Food Network in HD? Who's your provider?

Are you sure thats a 55"??? I dont think pioneer made one?? However no matter what size im still hella jealous :(

Now you need to get a sweet sound system :D

If you want a nice glossy black like your plasma i would go with the USHER S-520s all around, or possibly some nice NHT classic bookshelves.

Calincole posted:

In this pic from top to bottom:

Headphones: Grado SR125
Screen: Some Random 32" Polaroid HDTV
Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 8.3
Amp: Rotel RB1070
Pre-Amp: Rotel RC1070
Source: My PC (winXP on a core2duo)

Planning on upgrading my speakers soon I hope... been drooling over the B&W CM7's, and an external DAC is in the works as well. (if anyones got a suggestion on one I'm all ears)

Definintely upgrade those speakers, no offense but the amp and pre-amp outclass those speakers by quite a bit. Are you going for bookshelves only? I think you can get some monitor audio GS20s for the price of the B&W CM7s, and im willing to bet they are a much better value (of course im biased against B&W).

Ill get a pic up soon, im cleaning all the poo poo off of my tv stand.

Jymmybob posted:

Audio:
Harmon Kardon AVR435 reciever - Replaced a lower end Yamaha and is better in every way. The setup system is awesome and it drives the Athenas in ways the Yamaha could only dream of.

Athena F2.2 front tower speakers - They really sound great and they go low so I could set the sub for max extension with a low crossover for some really powerful bass.

Athena B2.1 bookshelf surrounds - Been fine.

Athena C2.1 center - I hear it's considered weak, but I can't really complain.

HSU VTF2mk3 sub - This thing is a monster. I get power below 18hz without much trouble and provides some power even to 16hz, even though I haven't pushed it. With the BFD covering some room problems and crossover set to 40hz-ish, it really puts out clean non-directional sound.

You stole my sub, ya bastard!!! :argh:

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 20, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology

Omegaslast posted:

Definintely upgrade those speakers, no offense but the amp and pre-amp outclass those speakers by quite a bit. Are you going for bookshelves only? I think you can get some monitor audio GS20s for the price of the B&W CM7s, and im willing to bet they are a much better value (of course im biased against B&W).

Yeah the speakers are the oldest part of the setup and next to go for sure. No im not only looking for bookshelves only (the CM7 is a 3-way floor stander) and I'm far from settled on a particular speaker. Waiting for that check for Q1 profit sharing from work then itl finally be time. Ill def look into the GS20's though. Any thoughts on a good DAC to compliment the Rotel?