Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!
I've had an HTPC of some sort for over a year now and I don't know how I lived without one.

Specs:
* Asus M2NBP-VM CSM Motherboard
* 1 GB of OCZ Dual Channel PC2 6400
* AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 EE
* Antec Overture
* 320GB Seagate 7200RPM SATA2
* 320GB + 250GB Seagate 7200RPM PATA drives in a JBOD array
* Pioneer DVR-109 DVD +/- RW
* Hauppauge PVR-150
* HIS Radeon X1650 Pro 256MB

Currently running Vista MCE (previously running XP MCE until I upgraded everything 2 months ago) as I really just never did like MythTV. I love it, it plays everything I can possibly throw at it and plays very nicely with my 37" LCD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

TheDingo posted:

They sell Xbox->USB converters or you can harvest a USB cable and solder it yourself.

I tried doing this and just gave up.. it wasn't as pretty as I wanted it to be so I just bought this remote (it was on sale for ~$25 CAD) and it works perfectly in XBMC using EventGuide or whatever that remote software is called. Comes with a nice USB receiver and the remote is surprisingly decent as well.