Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I'm trying to hook my 42" 1024x768 plasma TV up as a secondary display on my 8800gts (1280x1024 17" primary) for my new HTPC and I was wondering what resolution would be best to send to it. I would like to watch DVD's and HD movies on the plasma while surfing and gaming on the 17". Sending the native resolution to the TV results in a 4:3 image that is stretched to 16:9. I'm using the latest drivers from nvidia's website, and after battling with nvidia's control panel for a good while, I managed to send a 1920x1080i signal to the TV and 1280x1024 to the 17" monitor. However, the image was cut off pretty severely around the edges of the TV at that resolution, so much so that you couldn't see the task bar. I tried adjusting the image size and position in nvidia's control panel but it seemed to have no effect whatsoever. Everything is connected via DVI, any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU