Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

[panic]
Aug 16, 2000

bounce bounce bounce
I am using a jailbroken Apple TV to serve 720p/1080p content from my PC to the living room via XBMC. Some files work wonderfully, but others need to stop and buffer every 15 seconds, rendering the video unwatchable. For example, I was attempting to watch a 720p BR rip of a movie via XBMC tonight and it hardly worked, but I was able to switch the the Netflix HD stream (which I believe is also 720p) and it worked beautifully. Obviously my local network speed should be faster than my download speed...so I'm confused.

I'm assuming my problem is not with the network so much as the processing power, or lack thereof, of the Apple TV, correct? If so, are there other HTPC-in-a-box options that are able to reliably serve 1080p content over a network, or am I better off just building an HTPC/fileserver from scratch and plugging it directly in to the TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU