Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Juriko posted:

I have an old HTPC that I love to death, but the thing is huge. Not huge for an HTPC, but larger than I would like. I have been looking at mini ITX and C7 processors, but can find no performance comparisons. I don't need bleeding edge speed, but with AMD's new format on the horizon and mini itx core2duo boards coming out I would like to see some sort of comparison between even a budget mobile intel proc and the 2dhz c7. I just dont want to spend 200 on the proc board and 100 on a case only to have it run media like poo poo.

How small are you wanting to go exactly? Silverstone makes a MicroATX case that's a little less than 4 inches tall:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/lc11/lc11.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Explosm posted:

Is there a USB wired device that has a keyboard and mouse combined into a single unit?

I found some wireless options that are nearly $200, but I'd like something cheaper and wired so I could make use of my HTPC's front USB ports.

Anyone know of anything?

Here's what Newegg has for wired keyboard/mouse combos. You can see some have the pointing device built in.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Bender posted:

Can anyone suggest a good, as close to silent CPU heatsink/fan that will fit in an Antec Fusion case?

If you really want silence you could probably get away with a fanless Scythe Ninja Mini:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article754-page5.html