Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Hey thread, I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but since it's the HTPC thread I'm hoping someone here will know what's going on.

I have a Sony Bravia (I don't have the exact model to hand but it's a 2017 4k smart TV) with a 2019 Nvida Shield, I also have a Sonos playbase connected via optical, and a Sonos Sub and two Sonos 1s for surround if that makes a difference.

The issue I'm having is when streaming from most services, the output is kind of juddery and looks like it's going into slow motion for a few seconds. Often the sound will cut out and the input info bar will appear along the top of the screen with the HDMI channel, sound format etc, sometimes the screen will black out for a split second too.

I've ruled out a faulty HDMI cable, I think it's because of frame rate matching https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV/comments/jh8y0h/micro_stuttering_when_watching_netflix/ as I don't have any problems on Plex which automatically matches frame rate. Enabling the shield's "automatically match frame rate" improves the situation but doesn't fix it.

This issue has always been present but it was occasional enough to not be on my radar, but over the last month or so it's got to the point where Netflix in particular is nearly unwatchable.

I know if it is a frame matching issue my options are limited but I figure since it used to be better something must have changed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

TheScott2K posted:

My remote physically feels like it's falling apart, but other than that my 2019 Shield Pro is doing fine.

The back of my shield's remote is so loose it will just fall off if I pick it up vertically. I replaced it with a harmony elite which I wouldn't endorse (I think they've been discontinued anyway) but I imagine any old Bluetooth remote will do the trick.