Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

wolfbiker posted:

BUT I don't think it has a LAN port, just wireless.

The FireTV has an ethernet port. http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-CL1130-Fire-TV/dp/B00CX5P8FC#tech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Uthor posted:

What about just ripping BluRays to your PC? I heard MakeMKV can do it, but I don't know how much the DRM will get in the way.

That's where getting AnyDVD HD comes in to play to remove the DRM.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Is this the right place to ask about a technical problem? I can provide lots more details if needed, but I'm having an annoying problem with my Win 8.1 HTPC - it's hooked up to a TCL television via HDMI (port's on a GTX 750 Ti) and sometimes certain applications or videos will make it stop displaying in native 1080p resolution. When I launch the game MGR Revengeance the TV flicks into this alternate quasi-1080p display mode, where the picture is cropped and zoomed in a little and the color is off. I assume it's some kind of fallback mode (the TV displays '1920x1080p' instead of the normal '1920x1080@60Hz') but I'm not sure what the problem is exactly.

e: more details

Revengeance has weird issues with some TVs and hdmi cables. It locks itself at 24 fps on my Samsung tv. I had to use some third party program to force Revengeance into borderless fullscreen for it to stick at 60 fps.

e: Not sure which program I used though since this was over a year ago. There's a steamcommunity link with a few options: Link That should work for Revengeance

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 16, 2015

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Could try hitting f11. The fullscreen button still works for me on chrome but maybe something weird broke/I haven't gotten a chrome update yet. I'm on Version 50.0.2661.102 m of chrome.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

A second new shield tv has leaked. This time it's a cylinder (and is $150) https://www.androidauthority.com/nvidia-shield-tv-stick-1042880/

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone having strange Shield issues this past week? My 2019 needs a power cycle to wake up and the 2017 isn't recognizing the remote until I hold the select button very close to resync.

On wakeup I've been having my x900f just crash and reboot when HDMI-CEC tries to kick in with the shield TV 2017 or something. It's weird. Usually happens if the TV has been off for a few days. Could definitely be a x900f or the HDMI splitter just being dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Yeah. Downside is I do like having CEC on to let the TV remote control the shield. Pretty sure I've turned off every other part of CEC beyond it making the shield wake up (but not letting the shield swap the TV to it's input or turn the tv on. Had major problems with it and the PS5 fighting each other since they're on the same splitter) and letting the TV remote control the shield.

Edit: I had to disable CEC entirely with the PS4/PS5 (both were dumb and would turn on the moment I swapped to that input even when the splitter isn't turned to it. So I think the splitter may be causing some of the issues since it's letting the TV see everything on the one HDMI port and could be confusing it.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 20, 2022