Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I've got a shuttle PC with a Hauppauge card that I've been using as a DVR / HTPC. I can't seem to pick up digital channels on it, but that's okay since most of what I watch is on analog cable anyway.

But I ordered FIOS TV service a couple weeks ago, and it's getting installed next Friday, and while the guy on the phone said that you can pick up the channels with analog, what he meant is that you can only pick up channels 1-20, which are only the local OTA channels.

So what I want to know is, is there any way to set things up so I can set my tuner to record some channel, but make it so it will change the channel on the converter box as well? I'm not sure if I'm explaining this the right way.

edit: I suppose I could use something like this
http://store.snapstream.com/usb-uirt.html

but then would that mean I need a different converter box for each of my tuners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU