Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XerØ
Aug 6, 2001

Don't you mean...BIZARRO?
I have had this terrible HDMI problem since building my new HTPC last year. I bought a Sony XBR4 around the same time and was looking to take advantage of the HDMI port on my motherboard so I wouldn't have to buy any DVI converters.

The problem lies in that every time I switch away from my HDMI input on the TV and switch back, I don't get any video from HTPC. I've turned off every power setting, tried EDID registry hacks, bought a DVI Doctor plus, nothing works. I was, for a while, using a little application called hdmiOn which forces your video to refresh, but even that doesn't work 100% of the time.

At this point, I'm not sure if it's just my TV, my PC, or a combination of the two but I keep seeing people post all over the internet about using HDMI on their HTPCs and if they have problems like me, the DVI Doctor Plus or now the HDMI Doctor is supposed to fix you right up, but I got no benefit from it all.

My system:

AMD Phenom 2.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Rev 1.1 (HD3200 integrated)
4GB DDR2-800
2x HD Homeruns
Nvidia DualTV
Windows Vista Media Center w/ TV Pack 2008

At the moment I have it feeding an Xbox360 Extender because that actually works, but it's getting a little old converting all of my video to WMV before watching and I'd also like to take advantage of the slick Windows 7 interface when I upgrade.

I'd go VGA to Component but it looked like crap on my TV, not sure why, but it was terrible, so it'll probably be digital or nothing or me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU