Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

BorderPatrol posted:

I'm using Alaska on XBMC Live installed to a thumb drive.

I'm seeing alot of people use this on different setups. What is the thought process behind XBMC Live on a thumb drive? If this is a dedicated device why not keep it installed on the internal HDD on the system?

Another thing: I'm looking at the signle core Atom 230 Acer Revo for $200 and tossing XBMC-Live on it and using that as my HTPC. Goons with similar setups, what don;t you like about your Revo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I’ve been a GeForce Now user for a few years and use it play older hitman and Assassins Creed games and 99% of the time it’s great on my 2017 Shield Pro. Handled FarCry 5 and 6 like a champ. IMO worth the $5 a month or whatever I pay for it for how infrequently I play video games anymore.

But that box is my streaming box and I’ve rarely had issues with IT specifically. Usually it’s my Plex Server or something vs the box itself. I did opt for a different launcher, because the ads got to be too much for me.