Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Now that my trial of SageTV has run out, I don't know what program I should use to watch TV with anymore. I liked SageTV a lot, but it costs $80. On the other hand, since it appears there is no more free EPG service, and SchedulesDirect costs $20/year, SageTV would pay itself off in 4 years, due to its free EPG. Also, SageTV is a hell of a lot easier to set up and maintain, from my experience trying to get GBPVR, Meedios, and Media Portal to work.

I don't know :(. What should I do, goons?

edit: And while I'm at it, here's a media portal question: I can only find a manual record option, i.e. record channel 6 at 4:30pm for one hour. I kind of expected there to be an option like SageTV of recording by show title. Am I missing something?

Magic Underwear fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 8, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU