Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!
If you look at the remarks on the earlier linked xbmc post (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181804) you'll see towards the end the guys got it working and most stuff was playing at ~15% CPU or so. I'm just curious what the guys had to do to get openelec installed as earlier it appeared people were having problems with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!
Running the latest Kodi/XBMC Beta on a FireTV and I'm pretty happy with it. I did the ClassicTV (Llama) trick to launch it from the home screen, works pretty well imho.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I can't remember my NUC model numbers but LibreELEC on them has been pretty solid. Occasionally I get weirdness but I can't remember the last time we had playback problems.

Man, I haven't read or seen LibreELEC in a long time! I just replaced my shield pro with a apple tv, everything about android OS is going down the shitter imho. The final straw was pushing ads to the home screen for me that auto played with audio. Might be something small for other people I know but as a goony loving goon I just couldn't stand it.