Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I grabbed a Beelink N100 to use as an Apple TV supplement on my living room tv. My primary use case is sports streams off a browser without having to deal with airplay, and some NES/SNES emulation now that my kid is old enough to leave iPad games behind.

Do I need to do anything special beyond throwing Kubuntu or fedora, retroarch, and a codec package onto the thing? Bluetooth should pick up my wireless Xbox controller I imagine, and I grabbed a Logitech k400 for mouse/keyboard work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Update:
Got the Beelink, threw Fedora on it, set up SSH with fail2ban so I don't have to janitor it on a giant TV, and have some emulation of public domain content going. PS4 controller Bluetooth'd right up. It's got me curious about finding some sort of big picture style DE where I can navigate more of the system with the controller, but I got a cheap wireles Logitech mouse/keyboard combo thing that worked even at the BIOS screen, so whatever. And since it's using an Intel GPU, I get to see what all the fuss is about on ~~Wayland~~ without wanting to shoot myself or my video card.