Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

EC posted:

I got a new receiver (Denon VR-X3500H), and now everything including my shield plugs into that, and then it's connected to the TV. At some point, I started noticing I'm getting what I assume is "judder." If the camera is panning over still images they look like they're vibrating or something. I don't know really know where to start troubleshooting: the receiver, the shield, or kodi. Any tips?

I've had similar since getting a 6 series TCL, it's seemed like turning off the Denon voice sync has helped me. Everything was fine with the old TV. I turned off everything video related on the denon avr and it's better.

Edit: seems that turning off lip sync on the avr did it at least so far

Dyscrasia fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone having strange Shield issues this past week? My 2019 needs a power cycle to wake up and the 2017 isn't recognizing the remote until I hold the select button very close to resync.

I've been having similar oddities with my 2019, but for a month or so now. Its like it won't do the HDMI handshake. Either restarting my receiver or sleeping the shield tv and waking fixes it.