Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lunchbox posted:

I've been looking for a decent wireless keyboard w/build in mouse control or multimedia remote for the system I have hooked up to my projector. Any goon tested and recommended products?

edit: looking around or under $100
The ione Scorpius P-20 2.4 GHz Wireless Joystick Keyboard is inexpensive and alright if you like joystick mice. A bit cheapy feeling but well, it is cheap.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Anyone ever used both a Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1600 and 1250 in the same computer with Windows 7 Media Center at the same time?

I already have the 1600 and want to add another tuner and there are a TON of super cheap 1250s on eBay...

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 7, 2012

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Would a Celeron 1037U or Celeron G1820 be a good upgrade over my ancient E5200 MCE box for transcoding the MPEG-2 MCE recordings to tablets and Rokus via Plex?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
You can get fanless Bay Trail based systems without buying from AliExpress now....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KR0QHXW

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JJF0XUO

Though for my purposes I have never found a case that supports fanlessness *and* an expansion card and 3.5" hard drives, so I'm going to have to deal with at least one fan when I try to build a small Bay Trail J1900 Celeron MCE/HTPC box.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
For under $100 all you'll get will be an android box, like the FireTV. The good news is that most of them are fanless and android can do torrents.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Yeah as wolfbiker notes, the buttons are not for you, they are sold to the service providers and retailers, they go to the highest bidder. That's why the Roku buttons change every minor revision of every single model, they're constantly taking bids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

TheScott2K posted:

Managed to kill that bit of hardware by plugging the wrong unlabelled AC adapter into it. Fucker just never turned on again.
:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: