Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
i just put together a newer HTPC out of random parts i had laying around my apartment. Pentium D 805, 2x256mb DDR400, 40 Gig drive(2tb in networks storage though). My friend recently gave me a winfast pvr tuner card with a remote (coolcommand?). I'm new to the whole remote business when it comes to computers so i've a couple questions.

I would love to use the remote with other programs other than the winfast software (like media portal or some other media center software). do programs exist that i can run in the background that allow me to map keyboard / mouse functions to the remote so that i could potentially use it in any program i'd like?

while i'm at it, does anyone know of a program that will allow me to do the following "easily".. i want to be able to catalog some videos i have on other harddrives or networked drives. with this i want the program to be able to connect to online databases, like imdb, and collect all the important information about them as possible and allow me to sort by said information. but the most important thing is that some of these videos have multiple files and the problem i've been running into is that programs will show that i have 2 to 8 or so copies of the same file, i would love to have it sort by directory only and not files. does this exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU