Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InTrouble
Oct 18, 2004
not really in that much trouble
I'm building a HTPC using vista home premium and an antec fusion case, I do not have a MCE remote; any tips on how to configure my Harmony to control this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InTrouble
Oct 18, 2004
not really in that much trouble

dfn_doe posted:

The fusion doesn't have an IR receiver built in. So basically your solution is going to have to include purchasing one and then either using whatever software it is bundled with or finding 3rd party software which supports it.

Antec claims that it does, the description may be mistaken, I cannot confirm as I have not received my unit yet.

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15739

Regardless, my question still stands; will I be able to get my harmony to interface with an IR receiver if I don't have a remote to teach it commands? Looking though the harmony software it can control a Windows media center, but it asks me for the manufacturer, model, ect when my unit is home-built.

I guess I will just play around and tell the software my machine is an HP or something, just wondering if anyone had experience with this issue.

Edit: I see the fusion v2 and fusion black are listed with IR receivers while the fusion "v1" is not. I ordered a "fusion black" from zip zoom fly, I wonder if "v1"s were ever made in black.

InTrouble fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 24, 2007