Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mazachan
Apr 18, 2005
Puppies
Does anyone know of an easy way to convert a vga output to s-video or component output? I have a pc that only has a vga output and my tv is a little bit old, it doesn't have dvi or vga inputs. It seems like the only way to do it is to shell out the 100 bucks for a box that converts it. I thought there would be a cable or something that you can use to convert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazachan
Apr 18, 2005
Puppies

ShaneB posted:

You can just get a video card that supports component out. Leadtek has a cheap 6200 that has it.

Can't. I got an ultra small form desktop with a built in video card.

mazachan
Apr 18, 2005
Puppies
hmmm.. so is getting a new video card the easiest way to do it then?

mazachan
Apr 18, 2005
Puppies
Does anyone have any experience with streaming tv over a network? I was looking at the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950 Hybrid Video Recorder and thinking it may be easier to just stream it over my wireless network than to run another coax cable to the room for tv.