Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

Good men must not obey the laws too well
Ok, WTF is the deal here.

I've got my DVI-HDMI cord going to my new 42" Toshiba LCD. It says no signal, and when I go to my monitor configurations I can't even detect the LCD.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to install drivers for the monitor or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

EC posted:

Probably a resolution issue. What is the native res of the TV and what are you sending it?

Whatever the answer, try 1280*720 and go from there.

It's not a resolution problem. When I'm connected via the VGA and the resolution isn't right it says something about improper resolution. This just says there is no signal (when I'm on the HDMI input).

And my computer won't even detect the thing over the DVI connection. ATI Catalyst Control says there's nothing connected to my secondary output.

Is it likely that it's a bum cable?

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

Display was on well before the computer was. I've even rebooted the computer since connecting. :smith:

Thus far I'm just chalking it up to a bum cable. I'm gonna try and order one before Newegg stops its Friday shipments but I may just be too late.

pretend to care fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 8, 2007

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

I fixed it. Good lord these ATI drivers are such a clusterfuck, nobody knows what's going on with this poo poo from ATI to tech help forums. The advice I ended up getting that worked was basically just to gently caress around with settings until something worked.

As you can see, having that checked (which is the default) is supposed to "help" if you have your display set to a higher resolution. In reality this crippled my card's ability to output a 1920x1080x60 signal.