Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I just bought an LG 55LM760 to replace my old 42 inch LCD.

I never got around to actually trying to calibrate the old one, whats the best resource out there for calibrating tv's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I just bought one of that LGs big brothers, the 55lm7600 and its a great TV.

First thing I did was turn all the motion plus crap off, it just gives me motion sickness.

I wasn't bothered about 3d but it has a really great picture.

If it's anywhere near the same quality it should be a good buy.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

snolliemonsters posted:

I'm looking into buying my first hdtv. Only problem is in my apartment I have only one place to put it on top of a unused fireplace. I can't drill in the wall because there is a chimney behind it.
The standing surface is only 22cm and most 40inch tv's which i want are from 24 - 30 cm. My question is do you guys think it would matter if the stand overlapse a bit?

It should be okay, new TVs are pretty light so where you probably don't want screw deep into the wall, you could probably get away with a short hole with a mounting plug and one of those strips that you can get to make sure that the TV doesn't fall forwards for any reason.

Something like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002SPMVQQ

• Locked thread