Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
More minimal lyrics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2bOXLEvuE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

morestuff posted:

Darude - Sandstorm

this or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyCbevQbtI

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcG2TI4GBk

a.k.a Zombie Nation by Kernkraft 400

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Nostalgamus posted:

I have vague memories of a techno song with no lyrics that was popular in the mid-to-late 90s. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

James Brown is Dead - LA Style
Balloony - LA Style

?

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Agrikk posted:

James Brown is Dead - LA Style
Balloony - LA Style

?

Those are early 90's.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

It was this one. Thanks for all the suggestions.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

^ e: oh. Good song, good album.

Nostalgamus posted:

I have vague memories of a techno song with no lyrics that was popular in the mid-to-late 90s. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

That's a million songs.

Three Drives - Greece 2000

Binary Finary - 1998

Paul van Dyk - For an Angel, Words for Love

Energy 52 - Café del Mar (three in one remix is probably the most popular)

That's just a few from the trance subgenre.

Others might be,

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

Future Sound of London - We Have Explosive (I guess technically there are lyrics), Papua New Guinea

Moby - Go! (again, technically has lyrics I guess)

Daft Punk - Da Funk (actually now that I think about it, this is my top choice)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Nostalgamus posted:

It was this one. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Just so you know, your song (and most of the songs suggested, tbh) aren't Techno, they're Trance.

"Children" by Robert Miles is exactly the right time period though, it came out in 1995 but didn't achieve mainstream success until 1996. Then it was bloody everywhere.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Dell_Zincht posted:

Just so you know, your song (and most of the songs suggested, tbh) aren't Techno, they're Trance.

Brother, this battle was lost two decades ago

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
This is super vague, but I'm looking for a 90s alternative rock song that might have had "girl" in the title. The video is in black and white and was shot in NYC, I believe. It's nothing special, they're just standing on a stage, empty venue, and playing the song, with some 90s close-ups and editing. Maybe fake-grainy, again, 90s style. The band could be from NYC? I first heard about them because the singer died like ~6 years ago. Can't remember their name.

e: Smithereens, A Girl Like You

busalover fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 31, 2024

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
This is driving me crazy. A song with one guy singing and a guitar, sounds like a smooth 70's or 80's love ballad. The chorus has the phrase "heart and soul" at the end of a sentence, kinda drawn out like "hea-art and sooo-ouuul". I don't know whether that's the title, but it is definitely not the following:
Any version of the song that everyone learns on piano
Huey Lewis & the News
T'Pau
David Gray
Joy Division
The Monkeys
The Cleftones
The Yardbirds
Dean Martin
The Narcs
Kenny G
The Incredibles
Marc Robillard
Michael Paulo
Stephen Bishop
Sonny Black
Zero Zero
Chris Norman
Joe Higgs

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Taylor Hicks? https://youtu.be/XSfiWs-QMZA?si=o3eNBnwLUpFzWs9u

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Buttchocks posted:

This is driving me crazy. A song with one guy singing and a guitar, sounds like a smooth 70's or 80's love ballad. The chorus has the phrase "heart and soul" at the end of a sentence, kinda drawn out like "hea-art and sooo-ouuul". I don't know whether that's the title, but it is definitely not the following:
Huey Lewis & the News
T'Pau
David Gray
Joy Division
The Monkeys
The Cleftones
The Yardbirds
Dean Martin
The Narcs
Kenny G
The Incredibles
Marc Robillard
Michael Paulo
Stephen Bishop
Sonny Black
Zero Zero
Chris Norman
Joe Higgs

Are you positive he's saying Heart and Soul and not Heart of Gold (Neil Young)?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Skunkduster posted:

Are you positive he's saying Heart and Soul and not Heart of Gold (Neil Young)?

absolutely certain it is heart and soul and not Neil Young.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Trying to remember a downbeat rap song with a piano hook that sounds a bit like the melody from Eurythmics' Miracle of Love

I was fully sure it was Marvin's Room by Drake, so much so that it sounded wrong to me without it when I went to listen. I still think it might be a remix of it or something?

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, but does anyone remember a web radio station, ca. 2015ish, called something like "Osaka hard rave" (or another JP city, i can't be certain it was Osaka). It was a hilarious hard rave (i think? something hard techno/rave-ish) channel that mixed tunes with lines from anime

IIRC, they closed around 2015, but maybe someone uploaded some stuff to YT. And yes, there's stuff like this already on YT, but it's bugging me that I can't remember the station name

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Don't look back in anger live with a majority purple background - not a phone recording it was well done. It's not on the first two pages of youtube for me. It was youtubable about 4years ago. I first found it prob 10 years ago on youtube

Found this on the wayback machine 4th page: portugal the man at a certain spot in the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkDSNhJdBZE&t=417s

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 12, 2024

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Have you tried checking your youtube history? (here) it has a search function. If it's still up, it might be in there. Or was the video you found it?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Buttchocks posted:

Huey Lewis & the News
T'Pau
David Gray
Joy Division
The Monkeys
The Cleftones
The Yardbirds
Dean Martin
The Narcs
Kenny G
The Incredibles
Marc Robillard
Michael Paulo
Stephen Bishop
Sonny Black
Zero Zero
Chris Norman
Joe Higgs

Maybe this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygd5T_jimSk

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

TremorX posted:

Maybe this?

Sadly no. It was more bluesy than rocky.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s a bone thugs song and it’s got gun sounds in it (at the end of a few bars or so, not randomly) it’s not thug luv, it’s a slower song (I think?) and the gun sounds are much less often in the song

pretty sure it’s on creepin or e1999 but I can’t seem
to find it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FitFortDanga posted:

Not sure of the song, but it sounds an awful lot like Meat Beat Manifesto.

same

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

echinopsis posted:

it’s a bone thugs song and it’s got gun sounds in it (at the end of a few bars or so, not randomly) it’s not thug luv, it’s a slower song (I think?) and the gun sounds are much less often in the song

to find it
I vaguely remember one on The Art Of War that had shotgun racking and firing sounds throughout.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

echinopsis posted:

to find it

Down '71 (The Getaway)

I got the guy from Funbox Karaoke to do a track for it if you ever want to try it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orcNIgSIUxI

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 20, 2024

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Hey, looking for a song... was very popular as a base for a meme a few years back (around 2015-2018 I think...)

Starts with a single acoustic with some simple strumming

Launches into a bass and electric riff after a couple of bars.

I think it was a "get rekt" meme or a "how did I get here" sort of thing.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Cable Guy posted:

Hey, looking for a song... was very popular as a base for a meme a few years back (around 2015-2018 I think...)

Roundabout by yes perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCLFtxpadE

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Cable Guy posted:

Well someone here needs to go on a bizarre adventure.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Cable Guy posted:

Shooting Stars by Bag Raiders?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrO9-j_zALg

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Yes...!

:dadjoke:

Thanks.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Agrikk posted:

I’m trying to find a song, it’s called something like “set change” or something close with “change” in the title, I think.

It’s a metal song, maybe a hardcore band post 00’s. The music video is winter in a kinda rundown industrial park and a bunch of blue-collar people doing ordinary things, but the tone is kinda sad and melancholic. There’s a recurring scene in the video in which a couple of skateboarders steal a car and go joyriding before taking it to a chop shop and they are drifting/skidding on the snow and ice.

It’s not by Chimaera or Shadows Fall but it’s something in that genre.

The song reminds me of how I’m feeling right now and I’d really like to give it a listen.

Found it!

It's called "Map Change" by Every Time I Die. The video was set in Buffalo, NY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gau6SL-Xt0

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm looking for a song I used to listen to around 2007-2009. It's an industrial metal cyberpunk pop song. Bands like Adema, Orgy, Filter, Zeromancer, Crossbreed come to mind but it's definitely not one of those.

I had heard another song by this band before and it wasn't very good but I remember enjoying this one. It's a long song, about 6 or 7 minutes. It almost certainly was on a soundtrack, but its not on the Spawn soundtrack, but it's that kind of music.

Towards the end the male singer gives a big powerful verse over a guitar solo. I can hear the tune in my mind but I can't think of any lyrics that will help me Google it.

I'm certain that when I hear the band's name I'll find the song.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
when i went to new orleans for the first time someone gave me a cd with a bunch of music, which i lost years later. most of it was easy to find, but there's this one song i remember some lyrics for, but google does absolutely nothing

it was very brass and vocals heavy, the lyrics were focused on the space race, so makes me think it was 60s ish, or maybe a cover of an earlier song

chorus went something like

"rocket to (on?) the moon,
rocket to the moon,
and if they ever do it'll be too soon,
they're building a rocket to send (go?) to the moon"

i also distinctly remember a line "nero played the fiddle while rome burned"

it was fairly high quality, which makes me think this isn't some kind of rip off of some obscure tape or vinyl, but the only results i ever get is "whitey on the moon" which is a similar topic but definitely completely different in origin

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

when i went to new orleans for the first time someone gave me a cd with a bunch of music, which i lost years later. most of it was easy to find, but there's this one song i remember some lyrics for, but google does absolutely nothing

it was very brass and vocals heavy, the lyrics were focused on the space race, so makes me think it was 60s ish, or maybe a cover of an earlier song

chorus went something like

"rocket to (on?) the moon,
rocket to the moon,
and if they ever do it'll be too soon,
they're building a rocket to send (go?) to the moon"

i also distinctly remember a line "nero played the fiddle while rome burned"

it was fairly high quality, which makes me think this isn't some kind of rip off of some obscure tape or vinyl, but the only results i ever get is "whitey on the moon" which is a similar topic but definitely completely different in origin

https://mannyfreiser.com/track/2130325/once-great-planet-earth ? It matches about half of your description.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 2, 2024

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I would look in the direction of Sun Ra, unless you're sure it was an artist from New Orleans, which he wasn't but I wasn't sure if that was implied by the question.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I'm looking for a song I used to listen to around 2007-2009. It's an industrial metal cyberpunk pop song. Bands like Adema, Orgy, Filter, Zeromancer, Crossbreed come to mind but it's definitely not one of those.

I had heard another song by this band before and it wasn't very good but I remember enjoying this one. It's a long song, about 6 or 7 minutes. It almost certainly was on a soundtrack, but its not on the Spawn soundtrack, but it's that kind of music.

Towards the end the male singer gives a big powerful verse over a guitar solo. I can hear the tune in my mind but I can't think of any lyrics that will help me Google it.

I'm certain that when I hear the band's name I'll find the song.

Given the initial description my first thought was Fear Factory.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
No, I definitely would have remembered if it was a Fear Factory song.

Turns out it was Frozen by Celldweller.

E: and I think the first song I heard by them that I didn't like much was Switchback. It's been used on so much early 00s media.

Wikipedia posted:

Halloween: Resurrection
Spider-Man 2
Doom
Catwoman
The Punisher
Paycheck
CSI
xXx: State of the Union
National Security
Bad Boys 2
Out for a Kill
Bring It On Again
Kart Racer
Project Gotham Racing 3
Enter The Matrix
One Tree Hill
America's Next Top Model
Punk'd
Dawson's Creek
Roswell
Access Hollywood
Dead Rising 2, used in the boss battle against psychopath characters Reed and Roger.
Pump It Up Pro 2
Death Race 2
Jaegarn 5 - Enemy of the State
KickBeat
World Extreme Cagefighting

Kosmo Gallion fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 2, 2024

mr_mojo
Mar 12, 2005

Heran Bago posted:

I'm looking for two which are just so hard to Google.

It's a song that has a very similar chorus to "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!" by the Vengaboys but it's like a really deep voice. I couldn't make out any words other than the booms, and the parts other than the chorus didn't seem to match the Vengaboys at all.
Heard it in public several times in Germany some time in 2013-2016. I think heard in same spaces as "Con Calma" by Daddy Yankee ('I like your poom poom girl'). Quite possibly non-English but due the tone I couldn't even make out what language.

It seems unlikely this is it, but your description did make me immediately think of this, so just in case

https://youtu.be/AB1VdKhkRHw?si=e-4GJojUqpt0jBxF

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

There's a track on the Stardew Valley soundtrack, I can't remember where it appears exactly, but it has a similar chord structure and melody line at one point to the chorus of Bob Dylan's "Queen Jane Approximately" and I can't find it just poking at the internet, and I haven't played the game in ages. I could swear it's one of the just-puttering-around summer or autumn tunes, but I've clicked through them briefly and I can't pin it down. Could someone put that together for me?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Song that starts with elaborate prog style guitar noodling but then goes into a simpler rhythmic riff. Can't give you anymore than that because it was very faintly in the background of some loud rear end Ant and Dec poo poo on telly tonight while I was visiting family. Pretty sure it was something super famous though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

YYZ by Rush?