Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

Nobody Home posted:

This is a classic rock song. All I remember about it was that some of the lyrics were like "and it was very frightening, everybody was fighting/ and the music was grooving, everybody was moving" and the (male) singer sings very dynamically, i.e. his voice goes up and down for emphasis.

That must be "Ballroom Blitz" by the Sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

The Deadly Hume posted:

It's early 70s (probably 60s) at least, it's some easy listening bullshit from that era but I don't know what it is or who it's by, James Last, Zamfir, Morricone, hosed if I know. (Obviously, since I'm posting it in this thread.)

This is me banging it out on the keyboard.
http://grudnuk.com/audio/whatisit.mp3

It's NOT Greensleeves.

Paul Mauriat - Love is Blue

It actually started out as Luxembourg's entry in the 1967 Eurovision song contest, but the Paul Mauriat version is probably the one you heard.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

5th of crown posted:

Alright, this should be easy enough, what's the name of the song in this video.
This bullshit's been a mystery to me for years.

"De Marcha" by Los de Abajo.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

Owen posted:

the sandwich came back but your wife didn't?

Googling "lyrics" plus the above phrase, without quotation marks, tells me it's "The Old Philosopher" by Eddie Lawrence.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

Until now I had no idea that Curtis Mayfield was sampling Kanye West from 36 years in the future when he recorded Move On Up, or that Paul Shaffer's band would cover a 2006 Kanye single in a clip from 2001.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

Elohssa Gib posted:

Giving another try to find this song

I heard it again this morning at the store and from what I could here the chorusy part went something like "bang bang, c'mon baby bang bang c'mon baby". The beep beep part is more chanted than sung.

My Google-Fu has failed I leave it in your hands.

Could you be mishearing the lyrics to Donna Summer - Bad Girls? It has the right rhythm ("bad girls, talkin' bout the sad girls..."), opens with some chanted "beep beep" lines, and talks about how they're out on the streets at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

trans fat posted:

Sorry guys, none of those are the ones. For the record, Eugene wasn't the one rapping. The percussionist/DJ was the one rapping. He had put on a luchador mask if that helps.

It's probably "60 Revolutions."