Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

Karma Sutra posted:

I've had this one stuck in my head all day.

All I recall about this song is that it was pretty popular around late 90's/early 00's and the only line i remember from it is a chick singing "all around the world". It's a high energy dance song, and so far I know it's NOT ATC, or Oasis.

Daft Punk - Around the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King
Edit: found it already - I'm an idiot and heard the words wrong.

lewi fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 16, 2007

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King
The dance track from:
http://www.main-vision.com/video/detail.php?c=1&i=6c08ddf87c6922f6741bd3bad842cc0a328c5053
It's really popular but gently caress me if I know what it's called.

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

Retroboy posted:

The file was broke for me - it did try and save as 'Sandstorm' for some reason. So Maybe its Darude - Sandstorm?

Clever. Never thought of that! And yeah you're right.

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

SkaWes posted:

I heard a song on the radio today that I really dug, but I can barely remember anything about it. The guy singing said something in "IN THE 90's" at several points in the song. (May have been "IN THE 80's)

Like I said I can't remember much about it, the only information I can give you was it was on the Indie Rock channel on Sirius.

Calvin Harris - Acceptable in the 80s?

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

Itious posted:

This is really bugging me. I've heard it a few times and remembered the lyrics but then in the morning when I tried to find it I'd forgotten everything except "school" or "after school". I think it's newish and kind of poppy. Sorry for being so vague!

Fountains of Wayne - Staceys Mom?

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

Jcom posted:

Hey, this should be an easy one. I have this flash file, http://joncomo.com/host/close.swf and need help identifying the loop being played over and over. I've heard it could be Wagner, though I don't know the specific piece. If anyone has any clue, even if it be only the artist I would love to know.

Disregard the /b/-ish element, I really like the song. I'm thinking it could be some military procession of sorts?
You may have heard it as the theme tune to The Apprentice (the UK version). It's called 'Dance of the Knights' (also apparently known as 'Montagues and Capulets', taken from Romeo and Juliet by Prokofiev.

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

ToxicFrog posted:

This has been driving me up the wall for four years. All I know about it is:
- it's timestamped 2004-07-29, which is when I got it, not necessarily when it originates
- it's named "Jack.mp3"
- the full copy is 5 minutes 9 seconds long
- the ID3 tag identifies it as being track 3
I have no other information on it whatsoever. Not knowing its provenance, I'm playing it safe and only posting the first 44 seconds. I would love to know what it's from or who composed it, though.

I don't know it, but it sounds like it could be from a soundtrack to a film or something like that - with a character called Jack?

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

blugu64 posted:

Heard this on Late Night With Conan O Brian, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I know I've heard it before though.

It's called 'Mas Que Nada', by Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66.

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King
I'm looking for a cover (or is it the original version - I don't know) of Castles in the Sky that is slow and sung by a male. It's definitely not trancey.

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

Cha Cha Desmond posted:

Update: Apparently Soulja Boy has two singles circulating right now, and it's hard to keep track of which one came first, and which one is more popular. Could someone give me the names of Soulja Boy's singles please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulja_Boy_Tell_%27Em_discography, scroll down to Singles.

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

sulley posted:

Can someone please help me ID the song in the background of this Youtube video? It sounds like the background vocals are saying "falling for you" but its hard to make out.

Pay no mind to the retarded video itself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Wqx63Pmwk&feature=related

I don't want to sound mean, but if you even put a tiny bit of loving effort into finding it, the video even pops up with the name of the track after about 10 seconds. Is it, by any chance, Fallin by Saint Loco, from the album Vision 4 Transition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King
A dance track that repeats 'Semper fi, motherfucker'. Anything I search for keeps turning up the quote from Doom so Google isn't much help :(