Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006
I can't...I can't look away!
I'm looking for a song that I saw the music video of: It's two DJs, one with an electronic drum machine (the one that looks like a game of Simon) and a turntable, and the other scratching a single record on a tall pedistal. The background is entirely white, and the only words I can remember are the sampled 1-2-3-4 (think DJ Shadow's 'The Number Song').

I saw this while channelsurfing last night, it was on the Animax channel in Argentina at 1AM on Thursday, June 21st.

Edit: My brother thinks the artist's name was one word.

Deserted fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006

Pablo Gigante posted:

Could it be by Justice? The song D.A.N.C.E. has a 1-2-3-4 part in it

I found it! It wasn't Justice, it was "Fresh Push Breakin'" by Hifana, a small Japanese duo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS9J36D7KsE

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006
http://www.last.fm/music/Mos+Def/_/Grown+Man+Business+%28Fresh+Vintage+Bottles%29+Feat.+Minnesota?autostart

Does anyone recognize the very distinct musical backing to this track? I'm not sure if it was written for this track or if it's a sample.

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

It's Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby

Thanks for the quick response. My dad probably has this on vinyl, I'll have to steal it.

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006

Google Butt posted:

Can anyone identify the songs used in this mix? thanks.

DJ Bobby B - Murderation mix

The trumpet around 2:26 is also in Signs by Badmarsh & Shri, but I can't remember where it came from originally. But Signs is very similar to what you linked... they even say "Murderation" in the Dubplate mix I have.

The "A lot of men won't get no pussy tonight" is a parody of Armagideon time, by Willi Williams, but I don't know by who. But whoever it is you should just ignore them and listen to Willi Williams and Jackie Mittoo.

Fu-Schnickens - Ring The Alarm

Dawn Penn - You Don't Love Me (there's a kinda cool French version of this called Non Non Non by Melaaz, I think)

June Lodge - Telephone Love

Frighty & Colonel Mite - Life is What You Make It (Raggamuffin Love?)

Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves The Sunshine (the origin of the "My Life, My Life, My Life, My Life" sample used by everyone in hip hop)

If I listened to it a few more times, I could probably get some more, but that's it for now.

Edit: Oh and it starts with Barrington Levy

Deserted fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jan 29, 2009