Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
Got a couple of songs I need help identifying.

First is a pretty weird pop song. It's a man and a woman singing; I'm pretty sure the woman is Nico, and the man might be Serge Gainsbourg, though I'm not completely sure. It's got quite a dreamy monotonous sound. The chorus is a four-syllable phrase repeated once - tonally it goes something like "1-1-1-2, 3-3-3-1" - that I think is a name, probably of an historical figure.

Second is another pop song that sounds like it's from the 60s or 70s. It's a man and a woman, who are singing completely different songs. The man sings a cool 4/4 cowboy-type song, but the woman sings a dreamy waltz. The whole song just cuts between the two, more frequently as the song progresses, until by the end there's a cut after each line of lyrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Tenterhooks posted:

Bonnie and Clyde by Serge Gainsbourg & Brigitte Bardot?: http://youtu.be/dY9PY4r83p8

Yes, that's the one! It was a slower mix, but definitely the same song.

Not right, sorry. When I say "cowboy-style" I mean in the cool twangy guitar sense. I think there was a bass guitar doing a Peter Gunn-type riff. I should emphasise that the man and women sang different lyrics, different melodies, different time signatures... basically it sounded like someone was switching between two radio stations increasingly fast.

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Cavenagh posted:

Still could be Hazelwood and Sinatra. Some Velvet Morning perhaps? Or one of the numerous covers of it.

Oh hey, that's it! Thanks!

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

There was this one hip-hop song I found on YouTube, but all I can remember is that the video started with a black guy using cup stacking as percussion. It was pretty incredible, anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Not so much a song as a video, but...

A long while ago, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, I saw a version of One by Metallica on YouTube. It was the music video version, except someone had taken the music and made it awful in an editor. So the guitar is plinking, the drums are horribly out of sync, and I think the vocals are really low in the mix. It might have been part of a series. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

Also, thanks to whoever identified that P.O.S. song for me!

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

I heard this song at a friend's place, it sounded like Tame Impala but a bit darker or rawer. I thought the artist's name was Damian Callas but that hasn't turned anything up. I'm guessing I didn't hear the name right, so it's probably something like Damian Callas. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

There's a melody that's been kinda stuck in my head intermittently. It's a chill , slow-but-upbeat pop song with a female vocalist who I think sounds a bit like Yael Nain.
The only bit I can really remember is her melody for the chorus. I've tried replicating it on guitar, though I messed up the tempo - it's meant to be slower: http://tindeck.com/listen/fokuk

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

DrTempest posted:

It sounds like Yael Naim's New Soul.

e:spelling

Yes, that's exactly it! Should probably have checked her music first in hindsight... Thank you!

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Looking for a band rather than a song. South American, 70s-sounding psych rock, kinda sounded like a mix between Goblin and the Italian Spiderman soundtrack. Think it was two words, first began with F and second with P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

hexwren posted:

just to get the obvious out of the way, are you sure you're not thinking of os mutantes?

Nope, sorry. Think the name might've been Portuguese, so Brazilian possibly? It was something like Fumacu Pretu, but with some different letters. I don't know the language well enough to make any decent guesses.

Sir Nose posted:

Fink Ployd

:mmmhmm: