Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Devils Affricate posted:

Nice, that's exactly it! Thanks!

I suppose not that many people genuinely enjoy this musical style. It's like a weird half-way point between Rhapsody in Blue and elevator music. For some reason I find it really endearing, though.

It makes me feel like I am cleaning the cleanest kitchen.

I have a weird affinity for it probably from watching lots of It's Always Sunny lol, also Ren & Stimpy used it a ton as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I need help trying to find a name for a song. It appears in the UK TV show Skins. The final series consists of six two part episodes telling the story of a character from a previous series now that they're "grown up'. The final two episodes are named Rise (part I and II). In part I, the main character Cook takes a girl to buy a dress for an upcoming party. While they're in the dreas shop, this funky song plays in the background with these lyrics.

I need a woman to help me through the night,
I've gotta real fine love makin everything alright
Always makes me feel good, feel good every day,

Shazam did me no favours as the song doesn't last long enough to get an ID and googling the lyrics just brings me to a very poor transcript of the episode. I don't know why this has stuck in my memory ever since seeing this episode air in 2013, it's not even a particularly good song but I have never come close to finding out the artist or title. The episode can be viewed on Netflix or Channel 4's streaming service.

Skins: series 7, episode 5 and begins about 24 minutes into the ep. Any help would be appreciated!

I couldn’t figure it out but for non-UK folks like me someone put the entire episode on dailymotion. Maybe someone else will have better luck identifying it:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3h4c8h

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

smackfu posted:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding but I would call this an extremely well known song. It was number one in the US for six weeks in 1982.

Yeah it gets played on classic rock stations plenty now too