Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Ok this song has been driving me nuts for weeks. For the past week or so I was especially frustrated because I forgot how the song went completely, and all I knew was there was a song I couldn't figure out what it was. Then tonight I suddenly remembered things.

its kind of a folky classic rock song, they play it on classic rock stations quite a bit. Male singer(s?).

lyrics-wise, I'm sure these are probably no where close to how it actually goes, but its what I remember in my head (the chorus):

"lady, what you want to do,
blah blah blah so in love with you,
blah blah leave for a moment if i choose"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

FitFortDanga posted:

Pure Prairie League - Amy?

thats it. thanks!

edit: wow hahaha i was way off with the lyrics

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 18, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

Pure Prairie League - Amy?

Hahaha awesome, 3 days after you helped me figure out the song, I found it on vinyl at Goodwill for 50 cents :D

Kitsune 2049 posted:

Hey, this is exactly what I've been looking for, I've been trying so very hard to remember, Googling lyrics, sifting through iMixes, but I just can't find the song I have running through my head and would top off my 80s playlist:

It's one of those ultimate 80s pop-dance songs (though maybe technically it's the early 90s, but when you hear it, you'd think 80s), all synthesizers, super cheesy.

Most notable feature: the synthesized voice at the end of a verse says something like (though not exact since a lyric search didn't help me) "move your body from left to right" and "(something something) broad daylight" and then a loud stab of synth.

It was probably the most popular song in the universe for some week in the 1980s, but damned if I can remember anything about it other than that little shred of music.

I believe its Foreigner -- "Inside Information".

edit: haha and of course while trying to figure yours out, i suddenly remembered a little snippet of another song. Though I dunno how to describe it really. actually now that i think about it the song i'm trying to remember is a depeche mode song i think. hmmm.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 20, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Can anyone tell me the song in this Charter Cable commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Np-TYaXeA

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Solus posted:

All I remember was that there was "ghost" in the name. Had a girl singer and is relatively recent because it was playing on around the same time as the weekend top 40 on my local radio station.

was a good song too :psyduck:

Paramore - "Misguided Ghosts"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP53i8Md02c

or Ladytron - "ghosts"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5wMUU7qUtU

or Katrina Burgoyne "Ghost"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItwgyCJo09s