Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Karma Sutra posted:

I've had this one stuck in my head all day.

All I recall about this song is that it was pretty popular around late 90's/early 00's and the only line i remember from it is a chick singing "all around the world". It's a high energy dance song, and so far I know it's NOT ATC, or Oasis.

Is it Aqua - Around the World?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Spider Crusoe posted:

There's two songs (house or a similar style) I'm looking for, and they may have been made by the same artist. The only real identifying info I can give is describing the music videos. The first one had a disco vibe to it, and it took place in a bowling alley with a guy that had a bowling bowl for a head. The second video used elapsed-time footage, and it showed some people working jobs at a grocery store during the day, and then dancing during the night.

I think the first one is Modjo - Chillin'.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

attackmole posted:

I'm looking for this song. I'm pretty sure it's an Offspring song, but I'm not sure what it's called. It starts off just with the singer going NAAAAA, NAAA, NA NA NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAA, NAAAA, NAAAA, NA NA NA NAAAAAAA. Then the guitar comes in matching in the melody that the guy just sung. Anyone know?

Sounds like Self Esteem by Offspring. Also, this music video is atrocious.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
My girlfriend and I were watching some cool music videos earlier and she came up with two descriptions that I couldn't identify - so let's see what you guys can do with them:

1) A tall, muscular guy with dark hair, tattoos and gauged ears is sitting with his legs crossed is sketching a caricature or portrait. He also might have been turning into a drawing.

2) A girl in her 20s is walking around in an old building singing. At one point she's sitting in the windowsill singing. She might have had on glasses, too. The song is apparently calm and not very upbeat. We think it came out around the late 90s.

Not much to go on, but maybe somebody knows what they are.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Sweetwater Kill posted:

I think that you're looking for, perhaps, Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories - Stay (I Missed You). Look right to you?

Yes!

jeff8472 posted:

Incubus - Drive....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zN9vd9WUiA

Also yes! Thanks, guys!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

wmrmbm posted:

I am looking for several songs actually. Can someone please recommend songs similar to "Eye of the Tiger", Don't Stop Believing" and "America F*** Yeah"?

I know it seems like an odd request, but I am searching for songs with the same kind of tone and feeling as these. Eye of the Tiger is a uplifting type rock song, Don't Stop Believing is great, and America F*** Yeah is "get pumped" kind of song.

Once again sorry for this odd request, and thank you.

Blur - "Song 2"?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

chachu posted:

Thanks!

I have another one. I heard it at about noon today on 94.7 in Portland. It was a live version of a slow, acoustic, very happy song sung by a male. The main gist of the song was about staying inside because it's raining and ignoring the alarm and cuddling in bed, I think. The last few lines of the song were lyrics to Stir It Up by Bob Marley. It was a pleasant little song, but for some reason it's not on their playlist on the KNRK website.

Guessing this is Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

IntoTheNihil posted:

I heard some song on classic rock radio a few days back and need to find it. It sounds a bit like Scorpions and has a really cool synth solo/break in it out of nowhere. The lyrics in the chorus are something like "i want to love you" I think.

REO Speedwagon - Keep On Lovin' You?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

JKicker posted:

This might be the most crucial website ever for this thread: http://www.midomi.com/

Hopefully it hasn't been posted before.

Simply hum or sing the part of the song you know into a computer mic and the website will match it to any other user submitted samples. The database still needs to grow, but its already pretty solid with mainstream stuff...and you music goons can surely fill in the rest!

Sometimes when I'm home alone I submit a song or two...its addictive.

This has the potential to be pretty cool. I got it to find "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong, and instead of "Lola" by The Kinks it gave me Weird Al's "Yoda" but I couldn't get it to pick up "Another One Bites the Dust" or "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen or Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London." I'll have to play with it some more later.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

TIIMMYY posted:

I remember a music video a few years ago in which a puppet gets in a car crash and is taken to hospital, then - I think - gets up and dances. The sets and other people in the video are real, not other puppets.

I don't remember much of the song but I do remember I liked it. Any ideas?

Interpol - "Evil"?

edit: this is why I should reload before I reply

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

General Dire posted:

This is my first time posting in this forum and I dont really know the protocol so forgive me if Im doing something wrong. Im looking for the song that is in the Smallville commercial on Fox 8 in Australia. It is a really upbeat Punk Rock-ish song where the lead singer repeats a few words over and over and punctuates it with what sounds like 'Wa-ohhh'.

I know its really vague but I'd love to know the song, thanks a bunch.

E: The commercial has two songs in it, I described the second one but if you could name both songs that would be great. Im pretty sure both are really popular songs but Im really bad with song names sorry. :(

I've never seen the commercial, but it might be Jimmy Eat World - The Sweetness.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Impulsive posted:

This song just recently re-appeared in my head, and I can't remember what the hell it is. I can only remember the chorus-ish party, it went:

"Ride ride, baby, ride ride....blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure the word there is ride, but it could be something else.

Any help?

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)?

edit: Wow, I opened this tab and took a small nap and look what happens.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Charleston Jew posted:

I was listening to a song on the local alternative station here (the kind that plays stuff like RHCP, Linkin Park, Modest Mouse, the bigger "indie" artists, etc) and I heard a song that seemed like a normal alt. rock song, maybe it would earn the label of indie, but the only lyric I remember had something to do with 'little kids playing' or maybe 'hanging out', something along those lines. I'm not even totally sure about this though, but it's worth a shot.

Flobots - Handlebars?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Carl with a K posted:

A song that has the same melody as part of the Miley Cyrus song 7 Things I Hate About You

basically the song is most likely from the 90s by a band like Third Eye Blind or Blink 182, but it's probably neither of those bands

in the Miley Cyrus song, it's the part that starts with "I know I shouldn't say this"

that part has the exact same melody of the chorus of a song that I've been trying to name for a loving month

It kind of sounds like "I Miss You" by Blink 182 to me.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
What's the song in the Xbox360 "Live Your Moment" Rock Band commercial?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Abel Wingnut posted:

I think it's a somewhat popular song. It reminds me of the Proclaimers, but I do not think it's from the 80s; more 90s. Male voice, not very low. The hook goes through the song over and over. Acoustic guitar maybe, bass, drums, vocals are all I really remember. Very major sounding. Very poppy.

Any ideas?

Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Jack Does Jihad posted:

I can't remember the name of that pop song that is filled with a bunch of internet slang like OMG and LOL. I think it was by some little kid boy band type group/person, and the lyrics were embarrassingly bad. I brought it up to a friend and we couldn't remember who or what the name of it was.

It was full of stuff like BRB and AFK and internet romancing, it was hilarious.

Nicky Cleary - IM Me?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Frontalot posted:

I'm bumping this because it's still bugging the hell out of me and it's a fairly popular song. Someone has to know what I'm thinking of.

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

ZentraediElite posted:

It was neither of these, I guess maybe I should specify that it was more of an "ayeayeayeaye" in rapid succession, as opposed to a staccato.

Haircut 100 - Love Plus One?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

danifestmestny posted:

Today I heard a song on the radio I haven't heard in years. Probably came out sometime in the mid to late '90s originally. Instrumental was acoustic guitar and tambourine-y sounding accompaniment. And the singer was a Sarah MacLachlan type - haunting and soothing voice, and yet I loved that song years back I could never make out the words save for the start of the chorus, a wailing "Straaaaaaaaaaaaaange somethingerother..." I really like that song but have no idea who even performed it. PM me if possible.

Kind of a stretch, but Sarah MacLachlan - Sweet Surrender?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Rmthegreat88 posted:

"Hey now, you're a rockstar, get your show on get laid"

GO.

Smashmouth - All-Star?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

meet my dad posted:

Heard it on an oldies station, the only lyric I remember was "...with Funky (blank) and Dino!!". The song had a very Vegasy, sort of jazz feel, I freakin loved the song, but I can't for the life of me figure out the rest of the lyrics.

Thin Lizzy - The Boys are Back in Town? There's a "been hangin' down at Dino's" near the end.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Phrog posted:

A very long time ago I heard a song on the radio that dealt with what had happened to humanity over the course of ten thousand years in the future (no, the song isn't 10,000 years by the Army of Freshmen). The only line I specifically remember was "now it's been 10,000 years/one hundred billion(?) human tears." Lots of the lines in the song were specific years followed by something that happened in that year. Any ideas?

Also nobody's been able to track down the rock organ song I was looking for :( The only clue I provided was pretty vague though...

Zaeger and Evans - In the Year 2525? "Now it's been 10000 years/Man has cried a billion tears"

edit: That's what I get for opening a bunch of tabs and leaving the computer for a while.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Bolkovr posted:

I heard 2 songs today at a restaurant that sounded like Ben Folds singing, but the music was jazz/swing/big band. I basically don't know anything he's done besides "Brick", "Battle of Who Could Care Less" and "Rocking The Suburbs". Did he ever do something jazzy/swinging?

(also, Williards BBQ in Chantilly VA plays the best music)

Steven's Last Night in Town?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Regression posted:

Sorry, it's not Tom Sawyer! That one doesn't have two very distinct halves, one with vocals and which sounds quite distinctly 80's-progressive-rock-ish, and the other half being a very different, much more modern sounding non-vocal heavy rocking part.

I think maybe summarising it as "a progressive rock song with two very distinct halves, one including vocals and another without vocals and with a different tempo/rythm/etc." will make it easier to list possibilities.

But thanks a lot for the effort!

What about ELO - Fire on High?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

a pwn cocktail posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpEF0QZe2g

At three minutes.... That riff. What is it reminding me of!? I think up until 3:06 it's identical, before deviating from the one in my head. I've a feeling the original is a classic rock song. Maybe led zeppelin or pink floyd? I really have no idea. :(

It reminds me of something from The Wall, but I can't put my finger on exactly which song.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
The Green Hornet theme?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Doran Doran posted:

I'm looking for a song that plays on the radio occasionally, I don't really have much info on it though. All I can really recall is there's an acoustic ukulele-sounding guitar (maybe it is, I'm pretty retarded at music) with a guy humming something like "oooooh" for most of the song. It's a pretty somber song from the tone I guess. I can't really recall anything else so thanks if someone can identify this!

Train - Hey Soul Sister?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

a pwn cocktail posted:

http://www.ensl.org/movies/136

Any idea what the song is used in this video?

Sounds like a remix of The Grouch - Artsy.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

SEMPER FUCKIN FI posted:

Looking for a song that has lyrics that sound something like "and I ask myself how much do you want" and "It never ends" but I'm sure i have the lyrics wrong. It sounds very 80s/early 90s, with a female singer.

No Doubt - It's My Life? That's a cover of a hit by Talk Talk, but that one's got a male singer.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I heard a Jimi Hendrix song on the radio a few months ago and can't remember what it was called. It was a slower song, and the only lyrics I can remember are something like "ride on" or "shine on." Anybody have any ideas?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Good chance it's either Angel or Little Wing

Angel was it. Thanks a ton!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Inyourbase posted:

I have kind of a conundrum, Its not a song I cant find. Its a whole band. They toured with say anything a few years ago but were a strange mix of indy/jazz/swing. They came with them to perform at my university and I can't for the life of me remeber them. The name followed the format of "blank blank and the blank blanks" does anyone know where to find lists of what band has toured with who? or know what band I am talking about?

Way long shot, but Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

PoisonedV posted:

My sister heard on a song on the radio at work but it was too long ago to look up on their archives on the site. (It was a few weeks ago). She says the only lyrics she remembers is 'on my way' or 'on the way', and her coworkers said it sounded like Poison or Whitesnake. It was also 80's night on the radiostation. I realize this is pretty vague but any leads?

"Here I Go Again" was a big 80s hit for Whitesnake and includes the lyrics "on my own;" that might be it.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

b0nes posted:

This is a song I heard on KROQ(socal), It starts out with a guy singing really fast, the first word he says is wakeup, or get up, then he sings really fast then the song slows down, then gets fast again. I couldn't tell you what the song is about but near the end he sings about angels. Genre is rock.

System of a Down - Chop Suey, probably.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

HatchetDown posted:

There's a song that used to come on the oldies station here that was kind of ambient and instead of singing there was a monologue, like a poem being dictated. Google isn't helping me much either.

Eric Burdon & War - Spill the Wine?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Ok, I heard a song at work that I thought sounded like Elvis or Roy Orbison (may not have been, but it was definitely an older song) and I swear the lyric went something like "and I still love you".

Unfortunately, that's all I've got. It's bugging the hell out of me, I was loving the song.

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

AlteredAtronach posted:

This is probably the most vague thing in the world, but..A song that aired on a lovely late night Adult Swim show. It had a guy singing it in a high pitch and literally the only lyrics I remember are "and make me your wife"

I doubt this is it, but Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands to Yourself has that line in it, and the lead singer's voice goes into falsetto sometimes.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Throwing "Fire on High" by ELO into the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Pilchenstein posted:

I can remember a song from around 1996, where the chorus is "Boom shalock, boom boom shalock, something something something". I've never been able to track it down because all any search turns up is House of Pain and it's not House of Pain.

A friend of a friend had the album and I want to say the band name had "boys" in it. Maybe.

"Boom Shak-a-lak" by Apache Indian?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=959s6jl_5Uk