Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
This is a really obscure request. I'm from Manchester but I live in Japan and often when I meet housewives in their 40s or 50s they have on many occasions tried to start singing a song to me that seems to have the lyric 'Manchester and Liverpool' but that's all they can remember and they just lah lah after that. They always try to tell me its by The Beatles but I'm pretty sure it's not. I have 2 possible clues although they may end up being red herrings..

1. One student told me the reason no one knows any more than the Manchester and Liverpool part is the song is actually in French and so of course the students couldn't understand French so don't know it.
2. Another student claimed one of the lyrics was 'kemuri tanabiku machi yo' 煙り棚引く町よ which translates to smoke trail town.

I googled for the second one but found nothing, if anyone could help me out here I'd be very happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Rollersnake posted:

I ran a search on google, and came up with "Manchester and Liverpool" by French songwriters Andre Popp and Eddy Marnay.

You're wonderful, thank you so much!