Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Cowman posted:

I saw this song's absolutely bizarre music video this morning, and it's got me incredibly curious as to who the artist is. I watched this in a cafeteria where the acoustics aren't great, so I couldn't hear much of the song but I remember the video.

The video features predominantly a woman in a red dress, or robe, singing in what appears to be a ballroom. In the background, there are 4 men in tutus with Swan Lake styled makeup. I'm assuming it's Swan Lake because it's incredibly similar to Natalie Portman's makeup in Black Swan. These men were dancing in typical ballerina style and it featured their dancing by showing them off in various ways. The men, as far as I can tell, were simply making "ta" noises in falsetto in a musical fashion, they might have been emulating instruments a la acapella but I can't say for sure. I couldn't hear if there was any form of background music, because like I said the acoustics were quite bad, so all I could hear was the men singing and occasionally the woman. The woman came down on a crescent moon, I believe, I'm not entirely sure because I didn't start paying attention until that point.

It's not that it's a particularly amazing song or anything, the video just caught my attention and I would like to know what it is. If more info is needed, I can try to scan my memory for more stuff.

Annie Lennox - No More I Love Yous??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Cowman posted:

How in the hell did you get that?

It was the part about the falsetto voices imitating instruments. I had a boss in 95 or 96 who would sit in her office playing that loving song over and over and over again. It was a nightmare.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Tenterhooks posted:

A few days ago I was sitting in a cafe and a song I vaguely knew came on. It's really hard for me to describe as it was difficult to hear. If I were to make guesses, I'd say it could possibly be French, it's quite a catchy little light jangly song maybe with some guitars and some trumpets. Couldn't tell you if it's a man or a woman singing.

If that were all, I'd be stuck. However, I did remember a bit of the melody and (badly) whistled it into my phone in the hope that it might help. I have uploaded it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eox3Fyw01xs

The first 10 seconds are the singing and the last few notes are a wee trumpet bit that comes in at the end of a line or verse. It's driving me crazy.

Sounds like "Running Away" by Sly & the Family Stone.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

snuffles posted:

What's the song that's being strummed at the very beginning of this video?

I don't think it's meant to be anything except random strumming.