Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

hexwren posted:

garage rock, lots of wah-wah, possibly called something like "12 o'clock high", definitely had the lyric "forget about your lunch, ain't no time to eat"

I found this but it's way more hair metal than garage rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

kcer posted:

90s era grunge song, really basic heavy distorted two tone guitar riff, and lyrics at some point of something like "is it you, is it me", maybe alice in chains or similar

any ideas?

"Vaseline" by Stone Temple Pilots.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Outpost22 posted:

I've had a tune stuck in my head for the past week, nothing I've tried to identify it works. I've tried Soundhound, Shazam, midomi, youtube, musipedia.

Is there anything else?

Play it on a keyboard or sing it for us. For real, we're pretty good at this poo poo.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

"Turning Japanese" by the Vapors?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

I think Vietnamese places specifically do this more than any other kind of restaurant. I wonder why that is.

It's a SE Asian thing in general, I heard that poo poo all the time in Thailand and Laos. Their muzak game is on point, they have elevator versions of all the hot singles like three days after the originals come out.

I actually miss it sometimes. Today I ate at a Shake Shack and they were bumping a basic white girl playlist that was just insufferable. I'll take the easy listening Lady Gaga covers, please.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Can anyone identify the song that starts at 32:34 in this Proper People video? Seems to be an early to mid '80s New Wave song. The GBS White Whale thread didn't seem to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaeeZAphc2Q&t=1944s

That sounds to me like modern production aping an 80's style. They mention using a soundtrack service called Musicbed in the description, maybe that's what we're hearing?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

YYZ by Rush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I tried googling the lyrics but all I found was your reddit thread lol