Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
OK, this song JUST played on the BBC Glastonbury coverage, but bloody Phil Jupitus mumbled the band name so I have no idea who they were. Google turns up NOTHING of use on a lyric search either.

basically, 2 man folk outfit, one with accordian, one fiddle, both singing I think. Was a traditional sounding sailors song/shanty, chorus "and the wind blows high, the wind blows low, all on the raging sea".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
There's a cover version of the Zombies "she's not there" that I SWEAR exists but it doesn't seem to be one of the well known ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5IRI4oHKNU is the original, but I'm SURE I've heard a cover which is much slower, more chill-out style, and as far as I know doesn't include the lines on from "now let me tell you 'bout the way she looked....." to the start of the repeat (ie, everything after the first "she's not there"). Style wise it's be something more along the lines of moby, morcheeba, Massive Attack or Portishead. It may have been used in a UK TV show or advert

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Thanks for the help, I had a poke around and a couple seem to be the right tempo (about half the original) but none of them match the arrangement I have in my head. It's perfectly possible I mashed up two different things I heard, and created some imaginary trip hop version of a song I heard somewhere else.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

That's exactly it, thanks so much! I KNEW I didn't imagine it.