Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phrog
Aug 24, 2005

That damn green thing
I need help identifying an Ozzy Osbourne song. I didn't get the chance to hear virtually any of the lyrics, and what little I did hear was muffled by the retail environment I work in. What I do remember though is the long guitar solo at the end that has a melodic structure that sounds almost exactly like the refrain from "I Will Survive" by Aritha Franklin. Sorry that that is so little to go by.

Phrog fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrog
Aug 24, 2005

That damn green thing
Alright, this one has the potential to be a tough one.

I heard this song once on a college radio station. I think that the only instrument in the entire track was a rock organ. There might have been light percussion backing or bass backing but if there was it was minimal. There were no lyrics at all.

All I have to go by is the melodic progression of the song which I transcribed into Anvil Studio and screenshotted for the thread. The song started in G minor but the key would shift up or down a note during the entire duration of the song. The same melody from the rock organ was repeated the entire song but always in a different minor key. The tempo of the song was in the neighborhood of 120 beats per minute.

Click here for the full 711x171 image.

Thank you college radio for being completely unpredictable and playing stuff from way out in left field!

Phrog fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 9, 2009

Phrog
Aug 24, 2005

That damn green thing
A very long time ago I heard a song on the radio that dealt with what had happened to humanity over the course of ten thousand years in the future (no, the song isn't 10,000 years by the Army of Freshmen). The only line I specifically remember was "now it's been 10,000 years/one hundred billion(?) human tears." Lots of the lines in the song were specific years followed by something that happened in that year. Any ideas?

Also nobody's been able to track down the rock organ song I was looking for :( The only clue I provided was pretty vague though...

Phrog
Aug 24, 2005

That damn green thing

the posted:

Tell me you love me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWxGGyV_YRA

Hell yeah, that's the stuff right there.