Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
It was in 6/8 time with prominent harpsichord and a man singing. It was indie pop I believe. he;lp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
does anybody know where the sample in DJ Food's Turtle Soup is from, or any other songs which use the same sample. it is familiar as hell and driving me crazy. edit: AHA it's axe puzzles by Quasimoto.

PUSSY BARON fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 20, 2007

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
I heard a song tonight but couldn't really hear the lyrics since they were being sung by a small choir it seemed. It sounded like Broken Social Scene I guess. I think I heard "seal the deal" and the end sounded quite similar to the end of Strawberry Fields Forever, especially the drum part. Probably not very helpful but maybe somebody knows what I'm talking about.

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
This was a country/bluegrass song sung by a woman. The lyrics were about how she was having an affair so she poisoned her husband and the chorus was like "i'll write I love you on your grave" but Google is giving me poo poo.

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Marci Salyer - I've Earned the Right to Write I Love You on Your Grave?

http://cdbaby.com/cd/marcisalyer2

yeah, that is it, thank you.

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
This song had sparse instrumentation, just a piano and a girl's voice. I couldn't make out hardly any of the lyrics, since they were so drenched in reverb, but I caught what sounded like "I need someone to talk to" or "I need to talk to you" The singer held on to syllables for a while and it was in general really haunting. This radio station needs to post their playlists online :saddowns:

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
Is there an ambient/downtempo version of the track Skylab by Ed Rush? I heard it on the Groove Salad Soma FM playlist a few times but when I tried to get it, it was a drum n bass song that sounded nothing like the one played on the radio (which was not labeled in any extra way) Or was that track on their playlist mis-labeled?

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
This is a shot in the dark but it's OK if nobody IDs the song I heard, just if maybe they can suggest an artist or an album, because I'm pretty sure it's not a completely obscure artist. It had a sparse electro beat and dense 8-bit glitch sounds, and a girl shouting the vocals.

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
Help my identify this instrumental from I think the 60s. What I can remember of it (unless I'm out of my mind and making things up) had a really tremoloy surf-sounding guitar playing 3 of the same notes or chords and then moving up, like G G G A or something really slowly.

I seem to recall reading in a trivia section of some magazine that it was censored on the radio for being too risqué although that might not have happened or maybe it was a different song.

PUSSY BARON fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 2, 2008

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden

Sexy Pants posted:

Link Wray - Rumble sounds close

yes, that is it. awesome.

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
I heard an acoustic song with some strings arrangement, a woman singer, a refrain seemed to be "I walked on"/"you walked on", and I remember some other bits of lyrics but not enough for Google to give me anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
I seem to remember there being a Detroit rock compilation album on allmusic's editors choice list a few months ago, does anybody know what it was called? Or am I making this up?