Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Great Aspie
Jan 13, 2006

The idea is if we don't look out the white race will be utterly submerged
I don't know how helpful this can be, but its worth a try:
http://www.songtapper.com

Just tap in the beats of the song's melody with your spacebar!

And now for mine: I remember hearing a guitar anthem in the early-mid 90s with a very surf feel and a lead guitar riff that would repeat to a higher octave. It sounds like it would be found on Surfing with the Alien or one of Gary Hoey's albums. I think it was used in a bunch of TV ads and maybe a few movies. I'll record the riff when I'm back from traveling if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Aspie
Jan 13, 2006

Lil Danzig posted:

gently caress, I just noticed the 'very surf feel' part and now I'm thinking I might be wrong. Didn't Gary Hoey HAVE a surf song that was on the radio? Or am I confused.

Yep, my brain mixed the "Hocus Pocus" riff by Hoey with a bit of Summer Song's progression. After looking into it, both were on the radio around the same time! Strange how the mind works... I might as well record something like this as an original.

I hate guitar wankers like these guys, but at least I'm not haunted anymore.

The Great Aspie
Jan 13, 2006

Lil Danzig posted:

You know, now that you mention it, maybe somebody can help me. It was the same era, maybe 96 or 97 or so... there was a song on the radio all the time that was like sort of a glammy hard rock kind of sound, with a real fast lead guitar player and a TON of big vocal harmonies that were almost Queen-like. I don't remember many lyrics to the song, I remember he said "Give it to me" a lot and there may have been something about Romeo and Juliet involved or something.

Either way, it was definitely like your typical mid-90's glam song, ala Skid Row, but with some crazy neo-classical guitar and weird Bohemian Rhapsody type vocals. And if I'm not mistaken, the band had the one hit and disappeared.

It can't be 1990's "Give in to Me" by Michael Jackson. The song is in the style of glam rock ballad. Slash played guitar on this song but he's not really fast. Not sure about the queen-like vocal harmonies.

Do you remember anything more about the song?

The Great Aspie
Jan 13, 2006

EDIT: :argh: