Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I'm looking for a hiphop song that I think is fairly well known, and has a strong guitar sample going in the background. A sort of continuous "chic-ka chic-ka chic-ka", really twangy. Maybe from... end of the 90s?

Pweller fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 3, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

freeranger posted:

Pweller posted:

I'm looking for a hiphop song that I think is fairly well known, and has a strong guitar sample going in the background. A sort of continuous "chic-ka chic-ka chic-ka", really twangy. Maybe from... end of the 90s?
Very vague, but could it be Quannum - I changed my Mind?

That's not it, hmm yeah I guess this is a little vague. The guitar part is a steady strumming, not a riff like in the Quannum track. It would have definitely got airtime on MTV or MuchMusic. It's possible it's a canadian group. I'm trying to check some clips from the rascalz and kardinal offishall, but no luck yet with what I've found.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
The song sounded like Bob Dylan (or more likely someone singing like a typical Dylan impression), while the music itself was kind of like funk.

Lyrics were something about, 'You feel guilty for telling me stories that you know just aren't true... but that's alright cause...'

I heard part of this on the radio and wouldn't mind checking it out. Would this have been a mashup/mix of some kind?

Pweller fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 7, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Artem posted:

what Panic! At the Disco song is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVfw00vLDA

difference between martyrdom...

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
College radio station, dj mixing what I guess were old records,
He had some beat and tune going, but I'm more interested in the singer/melody he laid over it.

It sounded like it could have been from the 70s, and was either a woman, or a man with a soft voice.
Lyrics had 'hands in the air like you just don't care' and kept saying 'dance', but pronouncing it dahnce / d-on-ce. Something later about 'romance' with the same funny pronounciation, rom-on-ce.

e: sheesh, getting some hits now when I search without 'just'... probably some laidback cover of Cameo's Word Up...
-Willis, Word Up

Pweller fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 19, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Ms. Pennysworth posted:

What song is in this video? http://youtube.com/watch?v=u88o6E0oMg8
It has no lyrics, so I can't do a google search.

Doop - Doop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvLDm8821jQ

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Indie rock, heard on college radio, poor/lowfi production.

Beginning lyrics are something like "It was the seventies, Jimmy Carter was president, we ... gasoline."

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
This could be a longshot since I heard it on the local French station, and it was a German song...

I think the group's name may have been something like 'Ein ____ Prinsessen' (or maybe not at all), it was a girl singing (in german), and I think the french dj said it was about her getting on a bus with no ticket, getting in trouble and meeting a guy. I don't understand German very well at all, but liked the song.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Captain_Indigo posted:

This is possibly a longshot, but here goes.

The song I'm looking for probably does have lyrics, but the only part I can remember is the introduction, which is instrumental. I believe it was used in The Blues Brothers, but I know it was used a few times in the first series of family guy. I remember it plays in the episode with the pope, in specific, the point where he is getting off of the plane and the guy is warming up the crowd for him. Any ideas?

Is it the tune that sounds like gameshow music? Horns/trumpets going 'dun dun dun daaaaaaa-da-da-daa. Duh-duh-duh-duh daaa-daaaa da-da da.'

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Captain_Indigo posted:

Yep thats the one!

Sounds like it could be Herb Alpert or something, but can't help you beyond that.

e: I'm almost positive it's in Blues Brothers, but not the soundtrack.

e:Blues Brothers - Cant Turn You Loose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vsvoZ_NawA

Pweller fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 10, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Cemetry Gator posted:

I'm trying to find a song from the 90s. The lyrics are spoken by a singer, the arrangement is very sparse, and it features a sample of someone singing something that I can't make out. I hear it on store radio systems occasionally, but I can't figure out what it is. I assume that the drums are from a drum machine.

The one lyric I can remember goes something like "Drive away and don't ask where to go." It isn't the exact wording, but no amount of trying to search on the internet is being fruitful.

One final tidbit - the chorus is just the singer going "doo do doo doo doo do doo, doo do doo doo doo do doo." I hope that helps.

Primitive Radio Gods - Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in My Hand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LKVZ4NTfUc

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Creamy Goodness posted:

This is more of a help me identify an album.

My friend gave me a copy of a copy of a cd she was given. She has no idea of the artist. It's an album of fishing songs set to Christmas music in a blue grass style. Besides using christmas music there isn't really a christmas theme to the album. IE instead of 'I wish you a Merry Christmas/and a happy New Year' they do 'I wish you'd clean our fish mess/then bring us some beer'

Anyway I've been searching online for who this is if anyone knows.

Thanks

If it's a 1:1 copy of the original cd, you might try playing it on your computer if you haven't already, windows media player or pretty much any other program should try to search for all the album info online with CDDB.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

OliverObtuse posted:

I happened to listen to the radio the other day, which I don't do much, and a new Breaking Benjamin song was on. Now, I don't care what song it was, but it's their current single I would guess.

Anyway, it reminded me of another song from years back. Kind of has the same lyrical attributes. I know this is a long shot, but can someone help me?

FAKE EDIT: It's Breath by Breaking Benjamin. The beginning just reminds me of some song that I have heard before.

I guess I am asking for help on finding out what song this song sounds like. God it's going to haunt me, and with my description, it will never be found.

Which part of the song reminds you, the strumming or the lead guitar? The strumming sounds like something from Chevelle - Vena Sera, maybe Paint the Seconds or Well Enough Alone. They'd probably both get play on that same station.

e: Also longshots if you're feeling desperate, A Perfect Circle - Blue and Staind come to mind.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 11, 2008

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Halloween 1931 posted:

This is going to be really vague, but I just heard a snippet of this song and I couldn't hear the lyrics very well. It sounded like an indie rock song, and the only thing I got was some kind of repeated chorus like:
"I wanna hear your sunrise"

I heard this in a Heritage 1981 store today, and I can't find it from any search of that lyric.

For some reason I think this might be Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent and you just totally misheard one of the lines. Or everything.

e: describe it some more cause I feel like I'm trying to place that line somewhere

Pweller fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 22, 2008

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
A reggae song that repeats the chorus from World Without Love.
"I don't care what they say I won't stay in a world without love"

e: I should add that the rest of the song wasn't World Without Love, so I don't think it's from
A Reggae Tribute to the Beatles, Vol. 1

Pweller fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 2, 2008

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Argh, I just heard this on the radio but missed the name. very likely a Canadian group, newer song, guy with low voice, chorus is,
"get up go to work go home and go to bed"

e: aha the spaces were the googleproblem, Rat Silo - Getupgotoworkgohomegotobed

Pweller fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 22, 2008

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
What song is it that samples Rakim on I Ain't No Joke,

"you could get a smack for this"

I think it could be a Jamiroquai or 7L & Esoteric track but it's buggin me...

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
This may be a longshot, but it's a song I heard in a bar on an isolated beach at night in Thailand while I was drunk and having a very enlightening moment with someone, I'd really like to find it if I could.

I only distinctly remember a couple things about the song, that the singer/male was a very fast talker and was singing practically nonstop. He had a soft voice, sounded like Mika (might have been), and the music was mostly a soft organ maybe synthesizer playing upbeat/quickly, reminded me of something Jamiroquai might play.

Any guesses or leads?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

chachu posted:

I don't think this is it, and I have no idea what Mika sounds like, but maybe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Fl2yWalH4 ?

That's a fantastic guess, but not it, the tone of the music is pretty close, but with not so much of a drum beat. The singer's voice wasn't at all overproduced or anything, voice was moving a lot faster, not really a distinct chorus like that one. Just one guy singing through the whole song, too fast to pick out lyrics to google later.

(Then they started playing some hard eurotrash techno... bah was hoping for some album to be on)

e: I've heard that Blue October song before, I get the feeling that the song I'm looking for wasn't a single (in North America at least), maybe a lesser known track on an album

Pweller fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 4, 2008

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I've got this song stuck in my head... sort of. More like part of it.
I'm almost positive the guy singing is Eddie Vedder, and the main chorus has this drawn out, dramatic guitar playing.

I think it might be a recent single, maybe some sort of collaboration with a guitarist? I heard it on the most commercialized rock station we've got locally, so it's not going to be obscure at all, but can't figure out what the song is. Been wiki-ing and youtubing for too long, help me out.

Could be an older song, but I think I've heard it on the radio a few times and it sounds like it was produced recently.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Portnoys Complaint posted:

Eddie Vedder did a cover last year of "Love Reign O'er Me" by the Who, which might explain why it's a song you remember being older but had a newer, Vedder-esque sound to it. It was on the soundtrack to that Adam Sandler movie, I think, but I can't remember which one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fgMXef0MJk

The Who version is amazing.

not the one, but you made me remember about the cursed song and get back onto youtube searching every single pearl jam song from albums I hadn't knocked off earlier, since never really been a big pearl jam fan, finally found it... Dissident

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

MetaKaiser posted:

Ok, I feel like this is going to sound retarded, but it's killing me. I used to have this game for Dreamcast called "Razor Freestyle Scooter" or something similar. The game was whatever, but the soundtrack was loving amazing. It's all this poppy-punk music, but it's addicting.

While I'd like the whole soundtrack, the one song that I want more than anything seems to not exist outside of that game. IIRC, the chorus to the song goes something like:

"So take back all the words that sounded like I had given up on you/if I had to spend another day without you I don't know what I would do/I just found all these letters from you and I know every one by heart"

Even knowing all of that, I still can't find it. Please let someone identify this before I lose my mind.

Never Too Late - I'm Not Giving Up On This One
lyrics

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
What is the song with the lyrics "party til the A.M." "throw my hands in the ai-r, a, a-ir, a-ir..."

I think it might be really well known at the moment since I heard it on the club music radio station I don't normally listen to.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Pweller posted:

What is the song with the lyrics "party til the A.M." "throw my hands in the ai-r, a, a-ir, a-ir..."

I think it might be really well known at the moment since I heard it on the club music radio station I don't normally listen to.

It's Flo Rida - In The Ayer

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
About ten years ago a friend of mine had an LP he randomly got from somewhere, with a great track on it, main chorus was something very close to "Push, Push in the bush. Grab that rear end and spank that tush."

It isn't the hyperdisco Musique song, it was hiphop, a dude rapping out the lyrics.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

mennoknight posted:

Didn't Coolio have this lyric in a song?

1-2-3-4, yeah he's referencing the Musique song.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

KILLA CAM posted:

yeah but his line in that song is a one-line toss off and he does say 'push in the bush' and then something about 'toes getting smooshed' iirc, so i dont think thats what this guy is looking for

its definitely not the song's hook or anything

could be wrong though who knows

I meant to say that the Coolio one is not the track I'm looking for.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

KILLA CAM posted:

hahah i didnt realize you were the same person, whoops

anyways, hold on, are you talking about 'tush' by ghostface?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowJiJqBeo4

Hehe, not a bad guess at all, but I think the one I want it from the 80s or early 90s, doesn't have much production to it.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Brigadier Sockface posted:

This is probably going to go unsolved but here goes:

The song has a part that goes (literally) like this with a high pitched voice:
Laaaaaaaaaaaa, lalalalalaaaaaaaaa
Lalalalaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Lalalalaaaaaaaaaaaa..

I dunno but it may be from the 50s-60s.

The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af8gMs0b7qM

e: no it's totally Crocodile Rock, nvm

Pweller fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 26, 2008

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Frontalot posted:

Can't identify it, but my wife and I are both convinced it's from a movie we've seen. Can't remember the movie either, though. :(

For sure this is a really famous classical piece, I've heard it in movies too.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
A few years ago I saw this video on muchmusic, it was a pretty simple concept, cameraman sits in centre of circle of girls and pans around, girls are playing telephone, evolves into making out.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Headless Norseman posted:

Simian Mobile Disco - "Hustler"

That's it, thanks

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

fossil005 posted:

Does anyone know the "Whoa oh oh ohhh" song that they put in movie montages a lot? Seaching google with only those words doesn't really work all that well. For reference it's in Role Models. It's not Zombie Nation, it's happy montage music stuff and the drat chorus is stuck in my head.

Isley Brothers' Shout?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

The Postman posted:

Nope. I tend to associate the song I'm looking for with spinning a pizza...

Tarantella Napoletana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgCma7n7Etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantella

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Not exactly a song, but maybe from the start of a track. It's a guy saying "We're taking it back, wayyyyy back"

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Emmitt Nervend posted:

I've had a song stuck in my head for a few days now, and I have no idea what it is, or even if the lyrics I am singing in my head are remotely correct. What I remember is this

"Did you give it up? (Stop!) ahh ahh ahh ahh" (maybe only 3 "ahh"s, maybe more...I really can't remember)

The "did you give it up" part is sung by a guy, and the "stop" and ahhs are female voices. The entire part is like a pre-chorus, and the actual chorus I want to say sounds somewhat similar to that Hungry Eyes song, but I could be totally wrong about that. I know it was a radio hit when it was a current song, but like adult contemporary radio (think Michael Bolton and his ilk). I imagine it being played in a dentist's waiting room for some reason.

Tom Petty - Don't Come Around Here No More?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

CraigK posted:

At 3:45 of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rL5Wq6b9Fg&feature=related , the guitar sounds really familiar, but I can't place it. Where's it from?

It sounds an awful lot like a NES song... from TMNT? (possibly Batman) -are you in your twenties? cause all I hear is NES tunes in Dragonforce myself lol

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Paradiddle posted:

I heard this song once, and have been going crazy trying to find it again.

What I remember of it is that it was mostly spoken word, not in a boring reading a book way, but not really singing either. The lyrics seemed to mainly be arson related, something about throwing a match to the ground and watching the city burn.

It was played once on an alternative station I used to listen to, so I'd guess the genre of this song is at least somewhat related to alternative rock, if that helps any.

Any idea what song this may be?

Bloodhound Gang - Fire Water Burn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV5hSgPgKwI

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

vxskud posted:

I heard a song on the radio earlier about half way through and I really liked but have no idea what it is called.

It sounded kind of like Led Zeppelin or a similar band and made a number of references to lord of the rings such as "met a lady in Mordor and Gollum snatched her away" or something along those lines.

any assistance finding its name would be appreciated.

:)

It was Zeppelin, Ramble On.

e: nvm, where'd that new page come from!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

ToxicFrog posted:

This has been driving me up the wall for four years. All I know about it is:
- it's timestamped 2004-07-29, which is when I got it, not necessarily when it originates
- it's named "Jack.mp3"
- the full copy is 5 minutes 9 seconds long
- the ID3 tag identifies it as being track 3
I have no other information on it whatsoever. Not knowing its provenance, I'm playing it safe and only posting the first 44 seconds. I would love to know what it's from or who composed it, though.

Might be from a video game or B-movie?
(production sounds a little on the cheap side somehow/not a big studio movie)

Where did you get the file from originally? Maybe try running its 'acoustic fingerprint' through musicbrainz or freedb if the file is complete. I'm not sure how they identify the songs exactly but it's worth a shot.