Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Saint Jimmy posted:

OK, i've posted this before but never got an answer.

I heard this song on the radio sometime around 2000-2001. It had a punk poppish kind of sound. Think Nerf Herder or blink 182 or something along those lines. I know it had some lines about watching Party of five and hating Scott Wolf.

I know it's not much to go on, but i don't know who sang this song or what it was called. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I remember this too, I want to say it was American Hi-Fi or something but a search comes up empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

expunge posted:

Okay I'm starting to go crazy looking for who sings this song. I don't even know the words except for a rythm she does with her voice and I've seen the video. It's a good looking brunette chick that is singing in a house that is furnished with odd furniture.

she does her lines and the goes "ah ah ah ah ahhhhhheeeeaaaeeeeaaahhh ah ah ah ah ahhhheeeeeeeaaaaaeeeeahhh"

I was at the Claim Jumper and they were playing the song. I know I've heard it before and have seen the video. I also know that's the most obscure line of a song to remember but my kiddo loved the song and I want to try and find it.

*edit*

It's also fairly new, like in the last 5 months or so.

I'm going to take a guess at 'Fidelity' by Regina Spektor.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

penga86 posted:

I heard a song on the radio a while ago, sounds a lot like something the Bee Gees would sing. I can't get it out of my head, and yet I can't remember the words because I am inclined to sing the words of Stayin' Alive. Any ideas?

Maybe Scissor Sisters? Try 'I Don't Feel Like Dancing', that's the only one I can think of that might be it.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Rollersnake posted:

This poppy dance song that has a tune vaguely similar to the boss theme from Sonic 2 in a different key. Female vocals, and the only lyrics I can recall are "Three, two, one, and I'm having fun" which was part of the chorus.

'Don't Cry Out' by Shiny Toy Guns. Awesome band, that's one of their best songs.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Tome posted:

I saw this video a few years back on MTV, and one of the main things that I can remember about it is that it was awesome.

The video had a lot of flashing lights, and there were only two people in the band, a bassist and a drummer. There was a hell of a lot of distortion on the bass as well. I can't remember anything else about the band, but I hope some more learned music goons will be able to help.

Death From Above 1979? That's the first band that comes to mind.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Sour Fish posted:

Led Zeppelin fans, help me out.

In the episode Fez Gets the Girl of That 70's Show, Fez and Caroline go to a Led Zeppelin concert. I want to know what is the name of the song that plays very briefly when they are about to have like an awkward/intimate moment (and people are holding up lighters), all you hear is the guitar playing a calm part of the song. What's the name of that song?

For reference, http://www.tv.com/that-70s-show/fez-gets-the-girl/episode/16977/summary.html

To be honest, it's probably not a Zeppelin song at all, for copyright reasons or whatever. I may be wrong, but I think That 70's Show has done that before on a couple of occasions. I don't have the DVDs to hand at the moment, so I can't even check right now.

Edit: from that link...

quote:

The music used in this episode was:
Rock Candy (1973) by Montrose;
Oh Caroline (1977) by Cheap Trick.

So, no Zeppelin. Sorry.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Rollersnake posted:

Also, a different song that I actually really dislike, but I'm curious what it is all the same. Probably a very popular song, as I've heard it many times on the radio, sounds like your average late-'90s radio-friendly rock. The most commonly repeated lyric I'm almost positive is "it's in your heart, it's in your head" or "I stay in your heart, I stay in your head" but it comes out sounding like "a-stinninyerr harr, a-stinninyerr hehr"

'Zombie' by The Cranberries?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Cola posted:

Okay, 2 things:

- On the radio at work today I heard a techno/dancey song with a melody that's whistled. The melody has a kind of downward direction. I'm hoping it's recent or something so you guys will know what I'm saying.

Try 'Jump' by Buzzy Bus. It's not recent, but it has whistling. You might like it anyway, even if it's not the right track.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Minges posted:

There's a song that I've heard is by Joe Strummer, but I can't find the name of it anywhere. It's mostly instrumental, although it repeats a yelled "Hey You!" every so often. It's ska-ish, of course, and super bouncy and happy. A friend gave it to me on a mix and it was titled as a WWE wrestler's entrance music (Brian Kendrick), but I'd rather not label it as such. Any clues? I've tried Googling a lot of times, but I think I just don't know where to look.

I would love to know this as well, if anyone can help.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Jaros posted:

I saw the video of the song I'm looking for a while back. In it the children are dressing up to go outside and they have to put gas masks on. Once they get outside there is ash falling from the sky and the children are playing around in it. The video ends with one of the girls taking off her mask and falling to the ground. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Is there any chance that it's 'Welcome To The Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance? I remember that video being a bit like that.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

stratdax posted:

Alright, I've got one that's been bugging me for a long time.
It's Redman and Methodman. The beat is closer to techno, than it is to rap. If it wasn't for them two, it would definitely be an electronica song. It's about 6 or so minutes long. I heard it at least 5 years ago, maybe 6 years ago. I don't know how much older the song is than that though.
Thanks to anybody who can help me out.

The only one I can think right now of is 'The Rockwilder'... but that's nowhere near six minutes. Maybe you heard a remix of one of their tracks or something?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Right, I'm after the name of an electronic/house song that I've heard two different versions of, one was in an advert for British TV channel sumo.tv, and the other was in one of Steve-O's tour DVDs... from what I can remember it's fairly repetitive and has a vocal sample repeating 'cigarette... lighter...' over and over again.

I can make a sample of the track on the DVD if it will help.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

PastorPapegoja posted:

I'm looking for the name of the song in this, http://youtube.com/watch?v=pUPk2l6zC7M, youtube movie. :downsbravo: if you can help me.

'Woman' by Wolfmother.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

McBryce posted:

I'm pretty sure the song I would like identified is from the mid 90s.

The only thing that I really remember from it is that it is a female singer and, rather than lyrics, it starts off with "do do do de do do do de do de duh duh de duh de duh." That is the best way I can translate the melody into words. I'm also pretty sure that when the lyrics start they follow the same melodic pattern as the dos and des.

Hopefully somebody knows what the gently caress I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.

'What Can You Do For Me?' by Utah Saints?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

ntrik posted:

I've been hearing this a lot on the london pirate radio stations recently. I can't find the name of the song or artist though.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3506719e964782/

Its a house song so its thats your kind of thing you might have heard of this.

why not e-mail the station? I'm sure they announced the address at the end of that clip.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Graviton v2 posted:

Im looking for name/artist of this techno/gabba record that used a drop from the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

"Im talking about form, im talking about content, im talking about intereltionships, im talking about god, the devil, hell, heaven, do you understand, finally!!!"

It was loving awesome and id love to find it.

Probably from about ... 8-12 years ago.

Hows that for a tricky one!

'Everybody' by The Boy Wunda. It might not be the one you want, but it uses that sample and it's pretty loving awesome.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

The Royal Scrub posted:

I'm trying to figure out the name of a song that says "Whoa-Oh" after most of the lines. It sounds like Rise Against, but going through some of the albums I can't find it.

The first one that comes to mind is 'The Kids Aren't Alright' by The Offspring.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

I don't have time to post a sample at the moment, but I will do if nobody has any luck otherwise.

I have a M.I.A./KMFDM mashup on my iPod called 'Gun Powder', the M.I.A. track that it uses is 'Bucky Done Gun' but I've never been able to identify the KMFDM track... any ideas?

Anyway, I can get a sample posted in the next few days, if it will help.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

The song is called Power, it's on the album Xtort.

Awesome, thankyou.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Trellio posted:

I've seen this song once, on youtube, I was wondering if anyone could help with it. The youtube video I saw was a guy singing and playing an acoustic guitar to a crowd in a circle. I think I remember it being in black and white. Anyway, the last part of the song's lyrics is something along the lines of "the greatest thing in the world is to love and be loved by someone" and the crowd sings along near the end.

Maybe Gallows? 'Orchestra Of Wolves' ends with a repeating section of 'The hardest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return'? I've never heard it played acoustically though.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

waldo pepper posted:

A little while back someone posted a harcore mix of I guess gabba-ish techno. Anyway, there was one song in it that sampled an astronaut's speech from the moon: "god moved on the surface of the deep... let there be light," or something close tot that. Also it had crowd noise mixed in. Can anyone tell me what that track was?

Sounds like 'Genesis' by VNV Nation. I have the C92 Remix and it has a sample of an astronaut saying '...and God created heaven and the earth, and God said... let there be light.'

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Socket Ryanist posted:

I don't know if I would describe VNV Nation as "gabba-ish techno" though

I agree, but the remix I mentioned could probably be described as such.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Superrodan posted:

I saw a music video, could have been for a popular song that had the musician walking through a classroom that started off with young kids in it, but then it showed adult/teen counterparts for the kids, some of them in relationships and making out. At the end it shows them as kids again.

I thought the video was interesting but don't remember what it was for.

'The Rest Of My Life' by Less Than Jake. Awesome song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nScTn7lYWc

Actually, rewatching it, it doesn't fit your description perfectly, but is close enough to be a possibility.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Geesus posted:

My girlfriend wants me to find a song, but she is giving me very little to work with. I don't expect anyone to be able to find it, but it's worth a shot. The only lyrics she can give me are "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She says it is a female singer with a band that sounds similar to Flyleaf. If anyone can find it that would be great, I've spent about an hour looking already, but those lyrics make it impossible.

Flyleaf have a song called 'I'm Sorry'... are you sure it isn't that?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

SilentBlue posted:

http://www.hardnye.com/

Click "next track >>>" and it should start playing a song with some heavy breathing, anyone happen to know what it is? Thanks.

'Downtown' by Peaches. More specifically, the Simian Mobile Disco remix.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Artem posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEz4LUgJDA

Has the guy released an MP3 of this?

Not sure, but you could use https://www.vixy.net and make your own.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

wmrmbm posted:

I am looking for several songs actually. Can someone please recommend songs similar to "Eye of the Tiger", Don't Stop Believing" and "America F*** Yeah"?

I know it seems like an odd request, but I am searching for songs with the same kind of tone and feeling as these. Eye of the Tiger is a uplifting type rock song, Don't Stop Believing is great, and America F*** Yeah is "get pumped" kind of song.

Once again sorry for this odd request, and thank you.

'Live To Win' by Paul Stanley.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

I've got a remix of 'Foundations' by Kate Nash which is apparently by Ed Rush and Optical. It's not, it's obviously just one of their tracks with the Kate Nash vocal roughly thrown on top, but can anyone identify the track used?

I'm going to post this in the drum & bass thread too and see if they have any ideas.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Max22 posted:

I got two. First: What's the tune Will Smith taps his glasses to in the first part of this video? http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4791141 I'm not exaggerating when I say my friend's been trying to figure this out for a year.

The first thing that sprang to mind was 'Unfinished Sympathy' by Massive Attack... I doubt it is that, but it's not far off.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Lily Allen - Knock 'Em Out

Ah yes, Lily Allen, that well-known rapper. I think maybe it's something else.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

i looked before i leaped, but that song does sample "Big Chief"

Aye, it does. In fact, nearly every song on her album is sampled from somewhere or other.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

tokyoakazukin posted:

I'd be grateful if someone could help me figure out the song playing in the background of this commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkQdQnc_6iU

It sound so familiar so I feel like I've got to have heard it somewhere at some point in time, but I have no idea. Ken Ishii comes to mind stylistically but I'm like 99% sure that it isn't really him.

It sounds like just a piece of stock music they use for ads, to me. I wouldn't hold much hope of finding out. I may be wrong though.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

A Boy Named Sue posted:

This is not so much a help me ID a song as it is a band (sorry if this is frowned upon here) but a few years ago while I was still doing martial arts our teacher gave me tape of, well, I guess it's best described at japanese drum/fast tempo tracks. I want to say the name of the artist was coda or cota or something along those lines. Any help would be appreciated as I no longer have the tape and am dying to hear it again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodo_%28taiko_group%29

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

TotalHell posted:

I've been looking for his song for years, maybe this thread will end the hunt.

I heard a song on the radio several years ago. All I can remember about it was that the band sounded vaguely REM-ish (I remember thinking it was REM when I heard it, but I believe I was wrong about this).

I think that part of the chorus was the male lead singer singing "It's gravity" or something to that effect.

I realize this is absurdly vague, but if anyone even has a clue, I'd be appreciative.

'Gravity' by Embrace?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

I went to see Cobra Starship a few nights ago (which was awesome, by the way) and they had a great selection of tracks playing before they came on stage. I wish I could remember more of them, but two that stood out were a hip-hop track that sampled the synth from 'Satisfaction' by Benny Benassi, and a remix of 'Crank Dat' by Soulja Boy which wasn't too different from the original, but featured a ridiculous amount of 808 bass and made me very happy.

Any ideas?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Ludacris - Ultimate Satisfaction (feat. Field Mob) is probably the first one, but there's a ridiculous amount of "Crank That" samples, so good luck on the other one

The Ludacris one was the only decent one that my searching uncovered, but it wasn't that. The sample is much more prominent, as opposed to in the background like that one is. Thanks anyway.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

ok, try Pitbull - Move, Shake, Drop

Awesome, I think it might have been this one. Thanks.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Three Red Lights posted:

Not a specific song but is there any kind of online rescourse for finding out songs used in commercials?

https://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

scandoslav posted:

Ok, heard a song on the local indie station about a month ago. It was a male singer with a deeper voice that reminded me a little bit of the dude from Deadboy and the Elephantmen and/or a teeny bit of Nick Cave (but not as much).

The only lyrics I sort of remember involve "moving to Los Angeles" or "gonna move out to Los Angeles" or something along those lines, but the guy pronounces it more like "Las Angelas" or "Las Ang-las."

'Los Angeles' by X seems to fit your description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Someone linked me to this video:

http://www.emo.geilescheisse.com/emo/schrecklichste-emo-frisuren.html

...which is taking the piss out of emo hair and is fairly amusing, however, I would really like to know the name of the song in the video. Anyone know?