Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

I think it's Genghis Tron - Rock Candy

yeah you can listen to it here: http://www.last.fm/music/Genghis+Tron/Cloak+of+Love

Awesome, thanks. I like the odd bit of whatever sort of '-core' that is. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Impulsive posted:

This song just recently re-appeared in my head, and I can't remember what the hell it is. I can only remember the chorus-ish party, it went:

"Ride ride, baby, ride ride....blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure the word there is ride, but it could be something else.

Any help?

'Round Round' by The Sugababes?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Empty_Spaces posted:

I heard a song on my local rap/trance radio station the other day and have been wondering what it was. It was some kind of Irish sounding folk song (lots of accordion) remixed into a techno song. That's really about all I can give for details, I hope someone knows what I'm talking about because it sounded awesome.

Maybe 'Acid Folk' by Perplexer?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

wealllovehim posted:

If anyone has been to Amsterdam this time of the year in 07 they must have heard this song, I was there November 2007 and they pulled it from music video rotation at around the end of the month. Every club I walked by they were blasting this song.
The song has a crunchy bass similar to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHyCnanvMEw) and a sorta similar melody except the song I'm looking for was slower, and the bass sounded like it was off timing. The music video featured some slow motion scenes, specifically I remember a TV being smashed and a chick standing around. I'm pretty sure she was singing "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" to the beat. I've tried really hard to find this song but mtvU was no use when I looked a year ago.
The best I can put the melody into words is "dadadadadada da, dundundun dun dun dun"

Bodyrox - 'Yeah Yeah' (f. Luciana)

Awesome song, hope it's the one you're after.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Conqueror Bounma posted:

Van Halen techno, is there any?

'Ain't Talking About Dub' by Apollo 440.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Mine is not so much a song, but a video. I was in a club last night and they had some video screens playing random music videos, and one of them interested me and I wouldn't mind hearing the song that goes with it.

It involved a black guy taking a load of girls to like, a 'boot camp' thing in the desert, and it looked like a pretty stereotypical hip-hop type video. I think there were cars. Sorry for the limited information but it was Christmas eve so I was very drunk, hence why I can't really remember it now.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Rivfader posted:

That's actually not a hiphop video. It's from Bob Sinclar.

Bob Sinclar pres. Fireball - What I Want

Wicked, thanks. Like I said, the screens were just playing videos independent of what was actually playing over the speakers, and it looked to me like it would sound like Sir Mix-A-Lot or something like that. :downs: Not a bad tune though. Cheers.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

xThrasheRx posted:

I remember following a link to a youtube clip from some live tv show where a woman played a guitar and just loops to form her song, I think it was kind of a folky song, anyone have any idea what I am talking about?

I'ts not Imogen heap but thats what sparked my mind about this similar looping-video.

KT Tunstall. I think the song was probably 'The Black Horse And The Cherry Tree'.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Fat Princess posted:

Muse - Map of the Problematique
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLx0qc_gKc

I swear the beginning (especially the piano) sounds so loving familiar and I can't place what it sounds like.

I've seen/heard/read things saying it's like Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" and Omarion's "Icebox" but that's not it.

The piano reminds me of 'Children' by Robert Miles a bit...

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

MushroomSquid posted:

I've had this song for awhile, but I never knew who sang it. It's pretty much just some chick singing "la la la" over and over again to some heavy beat.

Try 'Ooh La La' by Goldfrapp.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

horn_ posted:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sportvideos/article2354574.ece

What's the name of the piece that plays at the beginning of the lovely video clip in this lovely article? Thanks.

Ah poo poo, I know it's from the Battle Royale soundtrack... give me a few mins and I'll check it for you.

e: it was 'Requiem' by Verdi.

VolumeOverTalent fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 1, 2009

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

alcoholiday posted:

I heard this song at an indie rock club the other day on the PA--the only lyric I remember was "been a long time comin'" repeated frequently. Google only turns up folk songs that can't be it because that line is repeated often without other lines in between the repetitions. It has a very Velvet Underground intro--very trebly electric guitar riff with bends that reminds me of "All Tomorrow's Parties," and then a girl singing along that chorus with a guy. In fact, the whole song had a Velvet Underground kind of vibe, except I think it got a bit heavier towards the end.

Doesn't fit your description exactly, but could it be 'Keep The Car Running' by the Arcade Fire?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Three Red Lights posted:

What is this melody? I'm like 90% certain its a Bjork song.

Sounds like the beginning of 'Possibly Maybe' to me.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

ZentraediElite posted:

I'm looking for a song that I heard in H&M this evening. I had heard it before but I don't really know how to identify it. The only lyrics I have to offer are an often occurring chorus of what sounds like, "ay ay ay ay ay." The lead vocalist was most likely female, but that's really a tossup.

I hope someone can identify this song because it is killing me.

Thanks in advance

'Live Your Life' by T.I. and Rihanna?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

W3bbo posted:

Music video identification this time:

It may or may not be for a North American or British band, but the 2008 music video features them wearing motion-capture suits (with those white ping-pong balls) against a bright green background. It also features one of the band members bouncing on a trampoline (I can't remember if he was wearing a green or white mocap suit).

It reminded me of the 2008 Olympic ceremonies where hundreds of performers wore green suits covered in LEDs.

Ta!

'Over And Over' by Hot Chip.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

von Manstein posted:

Can't remember thename of the group that had a video that looked like a blaxploitation film,...it came out a few months ago I think and the group has some rappers in it.

Sounds like 'Beggin'' by Madcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edtun2odUyc

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Jarl posted:

The one in the music video was white.

As soon as I saw that hat I thought it could have been The New Radicals, but I'm pretty sure they had a dude for a singer.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Cazic Thule posted:

Heard a techno/rock (I think) Terminator 2 song a while back, around the time of the movies release. All I really remember is that I heard it often on Australian radio and that it heavily used samples from the movie and possibly had some vocals relating to the movie. all I can find on youtube is fan-made stuff that is nothing like it.

yeah, not a lot of information to go on. this one has been bugging me for years.

These are both long shots, but try either 'No Fate' or 'The Age Of Love' by Scooter. Or at the other end of the spectrum, try some of the tracks from 'Demanufacture' by Fear Factory, which use T2 samples.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Optikalusion posted:

Need some Drum n Bass experts up in here!

Alright this one's not gonna be easy.

I've had a drum and bass song in my head for a few years now. Used to hear it all the time at the club, never thought to ask what it was. Now it's been a good 3 years since I've heard it and I have no idea how to find out what it is.

What I do remember is the killer synth break riff. So today I fired up an old keyboard and made a lovely phone recording of what that riff sounds like.

The synth tone is verymuch like the one they used in the song, like that wide gabber synth noise.

Apologies for the recording quality, and that there isn't more to go off of... but I'd be eternally grateful if anyone could name that tune.

My closest guess is 'Another Planet' by Pendulum, one of the synth bits sounds pretty close to that.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Penguins Like Pies posted:

In Pitbull's "Hotel Room Service", where does the 14 note phrase where he says "meet me at the hotel room" come from?

Here's the terrible video for reference. It's starts 25 seconds in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xE4PHhAs4

I swear it's from a dance track from the 90s.

'Push The Feeling On' by Nightcrawlers. Awesome track back in the day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSzpOUwiLkc

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

amishsexpot posted:

Thank goodness this thread exists. For context, I was at Forever 21 (cheap women's clothing store -- plays mostly dance, pop and pop-rock songs that've come out recently) and heard this really unusually syncopated dance-ish beat. The female vocals sounded like a combination of Michael Jackson, Santogold, and Tegan & Sara. The lyrics were hard to hear -- the singer kind of muddled the words. I think I heard something like "the perfect games you played" and the repeated chorus-y line was something like "runned around" or "wonder 'round". Please help me identify this song! You're my last hope, goons. :ohdear:

This has been driving me so drat crazy, that if you can figure out this song, I will think of a cool way to reward you!

The first thing that sprang to mind was 'Round Round' by Sugababes but that's pretty old now, not sure if it would fit on a recent playlist.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

MrSteel posted:

Looking for a trance song that included sampling of this track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azMG60VS4c0 (first 20 seconds) I remember listening to it a long time ago (probably 2000-2003) The one im looking for is definitely more trance-ish and no lyrics. probably by a popular dj during those years. Any suggestions?

'On The Beach' by York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF9P5xcCzb4

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

StrungOutFlip posted:

No sorry

I made a small, quick recording of it to give you an idea of what it kind of sounds like

'Stereo Love' by Edward Maya?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

oops. didn't mean to do that.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

DaveSpillings posted:

I forgot what band I was watching last week. They had a video of a man and woman punching themselves in the face over and over and getting bloody. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

'Becoming Insane' by Infected Mushroom? Already been posted on this page, actually...

Maha posted:

And another one, a ridiculous longshot: all I know is it was electronic, with a hand clap and what sounded like a xylophone.

Anyone?

I will take a wild guess at 'Over And Over' by Hot Chip.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Edit: doesn't matter, I found it.

VolumeOverTalent fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 14, 2010

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

lostifound posted:

This is driving me crazy and my ex won't answer his drat email.

Sorry there isn't much to go on here but here's what I remember:

It's a song.
There's a guy AND a girl singing.
There is 8 bit Nintendo sounding music playing. (the whole song is not 8 bit, just, like, the chorus music.)
It's awesome.

Any ideas?

Maybe something by The Clik Clik?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

I was in a shop today and they were playing a cover of 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough' by Michael Jackson, which was sung by a female vocalist, and was very chilled out and downtempo, but I cannot for the life of me find out who it was. It wasn't one of those dodgy compilations where they're too cheap to pay the royalties for the real songs, and it wasn't the versions by Shivaree or Melissa Forbes, I already tried those.

Can anyone help?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Nope, sorry. It was even more downtempo than that, more 'dreamy' is the best way to describe it I guess... the production sounded like Sigur Ros or something, with a very fragile sounding female vocal. I had no phone signal in the shop, or I could have Shazamed it, and the staff had no idea what it was either. Thanks anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Found it, cheers for everyone's help though. The production wasn't quite how I remember it, but it's still a pretty good tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2OqifFbj8