Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minges
May 4, 2006
'Cause everybody hates a tourist
There's a song that I've heard is by Joe Strummer, but I can't find the name of it anywhere. It's mostly instrumental, although it repeats a yelled "Hey You!" every so often. It's ska-ish, of course, and super bouncy and happy. A friend gave it to me on a mix and it was titled as a WWE wrestler's entrance music (Brian Kendrick), but I'd rather not label it as such. Any clues? I've tried Googling a lot of times, but I think I just don't know where to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minges
May 4, 2006

Lil Danzig posted:

So, uh, does anybody ever thank anyone in these threads or is it just a 'wham-bam-thank you ma'am' kind of thing? I'm beginning to feel pretty unappreciated. :smith:

I'll leave a check and a note that last night was dope.

Minges
May 4, 2006

Lil Danzig posted:

Wikipedia says it's an original WWE composition called "Hey You". There's no mention of Joe Strummer anywhere, and I find it quite hard to believe that the Clash's vocalist would record a theme song for the WWE -- it's definitely not a Clash song either.

So, this is probably not the answer you were hoping for, but there you go. It seems to me to be a song recorded by studio musicians "in the style of" The Clash, nothing more, nothing less.

Man, I was hoping I could put it on mixes and have something cool to write on the playlist. Ah, well.

Thank you!