Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

HotPocketDropIt posted:

Its a T.I. track.

The lines
"picture me riding in a jet-black camaro
---------------------eyes on the -------
won't let me own a gun so I bought a bow and arrow"

are in it.

I heard it on shade45 and figured I would just remember the innoculous 3 word title and then I remembered that almost all of TIs songs are innoculous 3 word titles and sifting through like years of tracks isn't going to deliver. It might not even be out yet but does anyone have any idea about it? Google doesn't do me any good and the big TI track right now is from Takers and its not that track.

"I'm in a jet black Camaro with my eyes on the sparrow
They say I can't have no pistol so I bought a bow and arrow"

The song is called Ya Hear Me.

I just googled ""jet-black camaro" t.i.", by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Violent J Mascis posted:

Not that either. I don't think the meat people even had faces and it was mostly raw meat.

I'm fairly certain that I first saw it on a vh1 countdown of the best animated music videos though. It could have been one of the mtvs but it was definitely part of a countdown.

The more I read about this video, all I can think of is Tool's videos.

Try 'em?

http://www.toolband.com/source/video/index.html

Edit: My guess would be Sober.

Sweetwater Kill fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 14, 2010

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

b0nes posted:

OK I heard this song on the radio, I believe it's classic rock, Part of the lyrics were "Cry me a river", the person who was singing it was female. Now i've googled it and i find a song called "Cry me a river" but that isn't the song, it's too slow. That's the title, but i am looking for the lyrics.

To me they sound like the BeeGees, they had that high pitched whine or whatever you call it. but I believe the person was female who was singing.

Cry Me a River? High pitched whine like the Bee Gees?

Are you SURE it's not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0 ?

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

Can't believe I'm here but...

I'm remembering a song that starts off with an accoustic guitar and a soft spoken female voice. It sounds all soft and caring, but then the song turns into a breakup song and the voice gets harsher. By the time male voices join in, it turns into a "gently caress you, how could you" kind of song

I remember a lyric about an old chair, but that's it.

gently caress. I feel like I should know what this is, but the only things I can think of are Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood, Smile by Lily Allen and You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette, but I know none of those are right. Is the idea of the song similar to this?

Comedy options: gently caress You by Cee-Lo or Somebody Kill Me Please from The Wedding Singer.

Goddammit.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Ivan Drago posted:

I hear a subtle similarity to the main melody of Taio Cruz's "Dynamite" but I'm sure that's just me.

No, that's what I heard, too.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Robin Sparkles posted:

A long shot, but it could be Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine.

This was my first impulse also.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Fanzay posted:

I'm looking for a song, possibly from the nineties, maybe early 2000. The only thing I remember from it is: (there will be) no surrender / no gentle retreat
I vaguely remember it as a poprock-y song.

That's a tough one. Can you remember anything else? The closest thing I've been able to find is Nachtmahr - Can You Feel the Beat? but Nachtmahr wasn't even formed until 2007. Also they aren't exactly pop-rock.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

aw yiss posted:

Gonna be way out there with this one but Betty Hutton's "It's Oh So Quiet" sounds exactly like another song to me but I can't remember what. It's mainly when she sings the actual "It's oh so quiet" lyrics at like 0:11. The only difference is the song I'm remembering never gets upbeat or loud.

Well, aside from the obvious answer of Björk's version of that song... the only song that came to mind, which is probably not it, was At Last by Etta James.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

fyallm posted:

Not sure where this belongs but I think this is the best place for it... I was wondering if anyone knew who the female 'singer' (kind of sounds operaish) is in B.O.B's song Bomb's Away?

Her name is Jasmine Pratt.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

jiffypop45 posted:

I remember hearing a song when I was around 11 or 12 (2000 or so) I want to think it was some sort of "trucker" song. Part of the song had lyrics similar to "...gave me a caffeine pill but it turned out to be the real lucile" and something about the singer of the song meeting someone who "turned out to be a real good buddy".

Not a great description but a friend of mine at the time had it on a mixed CD someone had copied for him and I was thinking it would be easy to come up with on google but no luck.

The artist in question is Ray Carlisle and the song is called "Passin' Thru". I found the lyrics on a trucker forum, actually: here.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

jiffypop45 posted:

The song is actually "Worried and Unhappy" the artists trucker callsign is "Passin' Thru" however after you gave me the artist name it wasn't hard to find the song. Without your help I would have never got that far though, thank you very much.

Ahh, I think I misread the person's post, you're right - and you're welcome! :)

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Xile posted:

This is a long shot. I've spent some time trying to Google this but haven't been able to find it..

I'm looking for a Spanish cover of danzig's 'mother'. Has anyone ever run into that version?

Might you be referring to this?

I haven't been able to find too much information on it, but it is certainly "Madre".

(I just googled 'danzig madre' or something like that - I figured the title would be translated)

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

regulargonzalez posted:

Is there an origin song for either of the main default Chinese musical cues that are used in tv, movies, and by standup comedians to indicate Chinese music? Example of one is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrEOZk23FzA, can't find a yt of the second but the short version is five chords, I guess rendered as 'ching ching cha-ching ching'

The "Oriental riff" is explained here. Not sure about the other one.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

This is probably a long shot, but I love this thread, so...

a friend posted:

My heart beats to its own rhythm in the sea of humanity.
When I dream, I dream alone, what I am, and what I'll be.
All that I own, I dream alone.
African, Asian or Indian, we're children of the world.

She says it was a video that was played on the Disney Channel, maybe in a Music Break or something like that, in the late 80s-early 90s. We've both tried Googling all the different lyrics but nothing comes up. It's definitely not We Are the World or anything obvious like that.

Sweetwater Kill fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 11, 2013

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Phone posted:

OK, this is going to be a real pain in the rear end.

It's a jazzy-esque song, maybe electronic that has female vocals that I can't remember exactly, something along the lines of:

Ooh, can't take my eyes away
[something something] the day
Can't take my love away
Ooh, [something] you're the one

That's all I can remember. I've heard it before and I just heard it on TV for some bumper music of a UK soccer/football match.

This might be a long shot, but Little Mix - Nothing Feels Like You (or a remix)? It sounds like something that would be used to advertise a footie match, IMO.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Lurker Ant posted:

I'm looking for a nu-metal song that has the words "can't get you out of my head" in the chorus. It's the last line of each verse of the chorus. Googling that phrase just gets me some Kylie Minogue song.

I'm not sure I would call Theory of a Deadman nu-metal, but it's the closest thing I've found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoCZYAUih7g

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

I need help identifying this song.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1JHkLS2p4VB

tia

Shazam identified it as Zaar by Peter Gabriel. I had to skip toward the end but it definitely sounded like it to me. YMMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZM6PejHMEY

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

FaradayCage posted:

What's that one hip hop type song where there's a call-and-answer riff part that goes: "Shota! Shota! Shota! Shota!"?

I think they're saying "Shota!" but I can't guarantee it.

I also don't know what "Shota" means besides that witch in The Sword of Truth series.

The Cubs have been playing it in their spring training stadium every time they take the field to start the game.

I'm pretty sure it's 80s but I can't be 100%.

First of all, I've only ever heard "shota" used to mean "shotacon" (that is to say, the little-boy version of lolicon).

If this is the Cubs, they're probably saying "Chi-town". One of the Cubs entering-the-field songs is Homecoming by Kanye West - he says 'Chi-town' and 'Chi-city' a few times, but not really in a call and answer way. There are a few lists out there of their music, but the only other song on this list that matched both "hip hop" and "entering the field" was Written in the Stars by Tinie Tempah and I'm sure that isn't it.

Either way, I'm definitely sure they're not saying "shota", haha. This may help you search better, anyway, if the Kanye song isn't it.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

sc4rs posted:

Back in the 90s/early 2000s my dad listened to some sort of jazz/funk song - all I remember is the chorus:

"Now Brook, lyn (Hey!)
Queens and Bronx,
Get yourself together (Hey!)
Get yourself together"

Can't find those lyrics anywhere, help me goons!

The only thing that came up when I searched was one irrelevant comment on something else, and this blog post in French:
"Donc pour commencer, on retourne à New York, en faisant explosé notre cotât carbone, pour un Bop Hop de Brooklyn Funk Essentials (sur l’album Cool And Easy And Steady). Un de mes morceaux préférés, même s’il vieilli un peu. Jazz et Funk quelques scratchs et un peu de rap (l’alibi Hip Hop) sur un refrain Brooklyn, Queens and Bronx Get Yourself Together fédérateur. Chacun y va joyeusement de son petit solo. Let’s get party !!!"

which would seem to indicate that the song you're looking for is Bop Hop by Brooklyn Funk Essentials on the album Cool and Steady and Easy. A quick listen confirms (the break between 'Brook' and 'lyn' is there just as you describe) :) Cool song.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Early 90's rap song. It's a reimagining of this song. Uses the same beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEWA3xQ7pOA

Except instead of rumors They say "look at all these Hookers" I think it's "look at all these hookers jackin us every day"

There is an R&B guy in the background, soulfully belting out insane poo poo the whole time between verses. He sounds kind of like James Brown and a few of his lines are

Gimme that boo boo brown girl please
Get on your knees
suck my weenie please

Song was awesome I need to find it again. I lost the CD like 15 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChEqnDyLorQ

This it? I think it's "jockin' us" but it's pretty close. If not, take a look here, there are a few more from that time period.

Edit: I just heard the "suck my weenie please" line, haha. Definitely it.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm looking for a song that's a slow love ballad, the the name of it is something like "Shabaloo Ding Dong Du", where the singer says in the song that the meaning of the title, which gets sung repeatedly as part of the chorus, is sweetheart.

I realize this is pretty vague, if it helps with identifying at all the singer sounds a lot like Rod Stewart.

The only thing that could possibly fit this description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQXcKEDNssE

O those sweet old love songs
Every word rings true
Sham-a-ling-dong-ding means sweetheart
Sham-a-ling-dang-dong does too
And it means that right here in my arms
That's where you belong
And it means sham-a-ling-dong-ding
Sham-a-ling-dang-dong

He doesn't sound much like Rod Stewart to me, but YMMV.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Zogo posted:

I know I've heard this before but can't place it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVCW3StiK0&t=495s

Shazam says it's a remake of Earthworm Jim music from a band called Sideview - from listening on Youtube it appears to be the ending theme.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

A.s.P. posted:

I caught the tail-end of this indie rock sounding song, the last few lines are "it will never be the same/it will never be the same" sung by a dude. That's not much to go on, but HALP PLEASE!

Did they sound British? Indie rock band One Night Only has a song that seems to fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ5Cym5y7pM

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Sinding Johansson posted:

Lyrics go something like, "sun in the air, I answer the call and theres nobody there, oh I wonder, yes I wonder", but possibly misremembered. Definitely some horns playing. I think it was pop rock or maybe new wave and it had a 70s/80s sound to it. Any help?

Lyrics match up, I was surprised at the artist, though the music seems like it could fit your description too:

Something's in the air
I answer the phone and there's nobody there
And you're changin' the way
That you're wearin' your hair
And I wonder yes I wonder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPkLMZgEBKE

(It was sampled by Daft Punk for the song "Superheroes" too.)

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

precision posted:

It's from the theme song to a TV show, I want to say a really old Western type show, but I can't recall any more detail than that. Now it's driving me nuts too.

e: Or you may recognize it as the same melody as "What do you do with a drunken sailor"

Drunken Sailor is about right in my head too, but the first thing I thought of was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EinAwyQ3Xc

It's such a short excerpt that it's hard to pin down though.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

precision posted:

I've figured out a few of the songs that are "referenced" in Girls' "Die" but I can't figure out which song the main riff from the beginning is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfqHcLqeDoE

Hmm. Not sure it's anything:

Elsewhere, the heavy metal "muscle workout" of "Die" was noted by Owens himself as being inspired by an early Fleetwood Mac track, "Oh Well". "Die" was the result of a riff that Owens and White had been jamming with for a long time, something that finally resulted in a song that Owens has said is essentially "just us pretending to be rock n' rollers for a little bit."

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Serge Painsbourg posted:

What is the name of the traditional elevator music piece? You know the one.

I apologize for the video, but it's the most immediate recording of it I have available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOR3snVKW0E

If you're talking about the piece that plays throughout the video (which I have never heard before), Shazam insists that it's the theme from Il magnifico cornuto (The Magnificent Cuckold) - though listening to two different pieces with that title, it doesn't sound like either of them, but YMMV.

(When I think of elevator music, for whatever reason, I think of an instrumental version of The Girl from Ipanema.)

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Just thought I'd mention that the song that best captures the stereotypical elevator music sound is Spanish Flea by Herb Alpert, though it's probably too upbeat to be used as actual elevator music.

This is another good option - I also see it used a lot as the music for things like fake "Technical Difficulties Please Stand By" cards done for humor on TV shows. I never knew what it was, so thank you for that, haha.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Vogler posted:

So this is a teenage pop song from the 60s, I guess. The singer sounds nasal and childish, like Ann Margret. Both the title and the chorus contain the name "Bobby". Something like "I'm in love with Bobby / Bobby is the one for me". You would think it shouldn't be too hard to google, but I can't find it.

Alternative answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrbl8de948I

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Jazz Marimba posted:

What's this song? I couldn't find the songs they use on their website, and soundhound couldn't identify it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/67b7ws9miwyvvxg/the%20moth%20music%20bit.wav?dl=0

Had to try Shazam a few times to get it, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Y9M8EM6jk

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

That video has the music pieces used listed in the description. Did you put the right one?

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Alright, this has been driving me nuts. At my workplace we have ISAN aka ISBN, InStore Audio/Broadcasting Network. As one would expect, I hear the same songs constantly. Usually if I don't know an artist or whatever I can just Shazam it without an issue since it mostly plays top 40 and stuff like that. But this one song I hear multiple times a day every day I haven't been able to figure out. I can make out the lyrics just fine, I've googled and I get nothing besides unrelated stuff (and another person trying to figure out what the song is). The other day I managed to record part of it: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1HejCuFTbtX

It's up to me to figure it out
Writing the story about
How girl meets world

As you can imagine if I google this I get pages and pages about the tv show. Shazam knows nothing. This song is in my head constantly too fml

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Kangra posted:

I didn't find it in a quick scan, but maybe the "Girl Meets World" one is in this soundtrack to Barbie: The Princess & Popstar?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3veU7Ctne1Y

Not quite the same singer on the songs I heard, but close in style. Maybe another one of those movies has it. I doubt the lyrics would be posted.

More of the lyrics are:
-ready for the big world,
Oooh, I'm excited, get ready for this girl
'cause here I go!
['Let's go, the ??'s in my ?? or 'It's time to live in my head?']
It's up to me to figure it out...

Honestly, it sounds to me like your stereotypical Radio Disney type song, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was from the soundtrack to a kids' movie. It's just so weird, I literally hear this song multiple times a day every single day at work.

The part with ??? is "the pen's in my hand" btw, I'm pretty sure, going with the "writing the story" a couple lines later.

Edit: I gave in and emailed the network that does our music. I'm not expecting to hear back, but what the hell.

Sweetwater Kill fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 16, 2018

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Pilchenstein posted:

Does anyone know what the piece being played here is called?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdY5FNMzq0Q

Thread by Miyuki Nakajima. (It was mentioned on an article about the musician re: this video, here.)

eating only apples posted:

This has been bugging me for ages and the song wasn't even good.

The band is probably British. They had one single that had a music video shown in the early 2000s on the alternative music channels. The band name or song title maybe had "ice" somewhere in it. The video had a lot of colourful triangles, pink and yellow? I associate it with Crystal Castles, it wasn't them but probably around the same time.

It was an awful electro-emo song I think. Like Enter Shikari or other similar mid-2000s things. Either the band or the song was something Ice. It's been eating at me, I can't find it.

Poked around but all I found was something with elements of what you're saying but not quite right. On the off chance you misremembered parts, the English band Test Icicles had a 2005 song called Circle. Square. Triangle whose video has a lot of bright pink and yellow - only one actual triangle though that I saw.

Sweetwater Kill fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 8, 2018

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Praseodymi posted:

What;s the song at the beginning of this video? I keep hearing it, but everyone says it's Dance of the Knights by Prokofiev and it's not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXQ17cNzGUg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z5rMNH_yTI

It's public domain free-use music, I guess.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Scionix posted:

There is an alternative/pop rock song I am trying to find that I am pretty sure is 90's(?) but might be early 2000's.

It would show up on my third eye blind Pandora station. The singer has this really boyish, almost hoarse voice, and I'm pretty sure the song is about a girl being better or too cool for him or something.

I could have sworn it was matchbox 20 but it's not, apparently. I want to say the art that came with the song had a guy with a darker skin tone (like Arabic/Indian) on it but not 100% on that.

This is driving me insane

It would be way too easy for this to be Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me (even though that's from 2010) - I doubt it, but it's the first thing that came to mind. (The single art is B&W and I can see someone thinking he was darker than the pasty white boy he actually is.) He certainly does have a voice I could describe as "hoarse", lol.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Pilchenstein posted:

A friend of mine is trying to find an old Star Trek parody song that isn't Star Trekkin'. Anyone got any ideas?

How old? There's Banned from Argo, from 1977, and of course Voltaire's 2001 EP Banned on Vulcan. (He did a longer Star Trek & Star Wars etc themed album more recently, too.) I'm sure there are others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

Jaguars! posted:

Oh, sorry, This one should work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_MEi4JSQx8
Warning instant loud music and also poo poo music

Appears to be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEQydmaPjF0

Which fits the theme of that list.