Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilya
Mar 11, 2007
Connoisseur of fine cats

Magicmat posted:

Does anybody know of a good music player in Linux that supports WMA and/or M4A or, alternatively, can anybody help me get Amarok running? I'm running Gentoo.

I'm just looking for something easy to use that's better than XMMS. I looked at Audacious, but a) I can't find any info on it supporting WMA, and b) it looks to be a dirty, dirty GTK app, and I'm running KDE. If it's really the bee's knees, I'll go for it, but are there other options? Or, hell, some help with getting Amarok running (see link) would tickle me pink.

Pretty much any Linux audio player supports WMA, as long as you have the right codecs installed. I don't know of a better KDE player than Amarok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilya
Mar 11, 2007
Connoisseur of fine cats

Crush posted:

Interesting, will give this a try.

Edit: Ok, I ran this and it instantly just went back to the prompt without saying anything. I then changed the 3 to a random number like 1223432432 and ran it again and the same thing happened. What am I to do with this? Thanks for your help by the way.

Here's the best (or at least most proper) way of doing it:

code:
xargs < test.txt | grep "(2 duration: 3\|3 duration: 2)*"		
xargs "flattens" the multiple lines into one, which you want to do because what you are trying to accomplish is not to filter certain lines, but really check whether a single string fits a pattern.

And then the pattern you are looking for is obvious: either string 1 followed by string 2, or string 2 followed by string 1.