Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

gentoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

it's not _that_ hard to add the modes using custom edid, don't make it sound like a moon landing

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/kernel_mode_setting#Forcing_modes_and_EDID

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

systemd-boot supports booting windows with bitlocker by using BootNext efi variable

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Klyith posted:

it doesn't! even KDE has no love for screensavers. at most you can set the screen lock to be a picture slideshow.

OTOH if someone really wanted to make a screensaver that was just pretty graphics and no security, it would not be that hard. JWZ is only saying things like "I can't detect user activity on wayland" because he is a caveman and anything that's not down at the systems level doesn't exist to him. Kde has a way to get idle time and I'm sure gnome does too. So you could make a simple thing that waited until N idle minutes according to the window manager, then launched the fun demoscene screensaver.

i'd really love if it were possible to make kscreenlocker show fullscreen output from an application or something, i want my ssstars.scr running again. don't bother recreating whole screensavers, just make it possible to let an application run fullscreen in front of the lock screen after a timer