Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Worked perfectly! Thanks! youtube-dl is a great tool.

It also works on many, many, other websites. Basically if there is video or audio you need to archive then it is probably going to do a good job of nabbing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pass has git baked in and is the expected way to use it. It makes it really easy to synch them with your phone too.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Be a rebel and create a mount point called C in the root directory. Make everyone mad seeing a C drive on *nix.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

neurotech posted:

pre:
music url1 && music url2

Just as a side note to all the stuff you've got, you can use $@ so the script will read an arbitrary number of file names instead of having to chain together
code:
music url1; music url2
It would be
code:
music url1 url2 url<n>

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

VictualSquid posted:

Half of the aliexpress thread bought a new N100 box last week because they finally fell under 100$, might even be cheaper then an old computer.

I do think going with whatever distro you are familiar with sound like the best option.

This is probably a better idea than some old, loud and power hungry second hand machine with parts that may be on the way out. You can still put *nix on it if you want but it comes with Windows installed already if you don't want to deal with that and your kid (put an immutable OS and teach your kid about container orchestration at a young age - it's important to learn the basics asap)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kivi posted:

Do you have link for this? I'm in the market for these sort of box and actual goon opinions are usually better than whatever I find on reddit.

It's these things. They've gone up in price a bit again but if you watch for a bit they should hopefully come back down soon. I'm running Sericea on a 16G one rn and it's been a bit of fun and all worked out of the box. I'm using it headless so nfi if that introduces any drama but given how hassle free setting things up has been I'd assume not.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Webcord works fine for me and as long as you fly under the radar you'll probably be fine. Obviously this goes out the window if someone gets a bee under their bonnet about you / webcord or what ever but chances are they probably won't care until you make them care.

The offical discord app gave me grief too and this has solved everything except for my posts sucking there which apparently is unrelated to the app that I use to post with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nitrousoxide posted:

Quadlet has undergone a lot of improvement lately. The most recent version of podman should let you define pods for quadlets without having to use kube files. Which makes it dramatically easier to group a stack of containers that need to work together nicely.

I've been migrating over from compose files to quadlet pods lately and it's amazing how painless it is.